Eye of the Ice Ink Storm

Our story takes place in the bustling city of Inkopolis Square, the freshest spot for tons of colorful cephalopodic creatures, with the two main species being the inklings, a human-like squid race, and the octolings, a human-like octopus race. Both of these races are known for their enjoyment in an interesting sport called Turf War, a game in which two teams of 4 face off to see who can ink the most turf within the limited amount of time, using anything from standard ink guns, to weaponized umbrella and giant paint rollers. It is during one of these matches that a certain brella- wielding inkling discovers some of her hidden abilities.

----

In Inkopolis Square, hanging out by the tables by Crusty Sean's Shack, there were 5 inklings, three girls, and two boys. They were waiting for their friend to show up, one of them appeared to be impatient.

"Ugh! Haley was supposed to have met up with us half an hour ago! Where is she?" A Short pink tentacled girl complained, messing with the straw in her drink.

"Oh, come on, Rosa! You know how she is, she's almost always a little late to these things. I mean, it's not like she got into trouble with some crazy cat gang leader woman or somethin'." her green colored friend replied, laziely tinkering with her hero shot replica, leaning on the table, "besides, hasn't she pulled stuff like this before, only to show up a little later, all 'cause she couldn't get up in time for her alarm?"

"Oh, like you're one to talk, Verde! I believe you have pulled a few tricks like this back in the plaza. How are you so sure that Haley's fine? For all we know, she could have been squidnapped by some evil scientist!" Rosa spat, agitated by her friend's carefree attitude.

"Guys, can we put a pin in this for a second? I think I see Haley finally coming!" Indigo, the purple colored male cut in between the girls, gustering over to the teal banged female wearing a hero hoodie replica sprinting over to their direction, splat brella in hand.

Coral and Flame, the mint green girl and scarlet boy at the table, who were anxious about the incoming fight between the girls, sighed in relief.

"Hey guys! Sorry about the wait, I overslept my alarm and almost missed my train!" Haley gasped, panting from her sprint to her friends, leaning on her brella to try and catch her breath.

"It's alright, Snowflake. I'm just happy that my precious ice queen turned up unharmed." Flame purred, standing up from his chair and strolling over to her, putting his arm over her shoulders.

Haley flinched and gave him a death glare. "S-since I'm here now, l-let's just get into the tower to play some turf war!" Haley stuttered, bolting out of Flame's embrace to the tower.

Flame's shoulders sagged at the rejection, with Rosa and Coral giggling a little at the interaction. Verde and Indigo just shook their heads a little at Haley's antics, before standing up and grabbing their weapons to follow her into the tower themselves.

---

When the gang got to their match, they ended up on Port Mackerel, With Haley, Rosa, Indigo, and Coral on one side with teal ink, and Flame and Verde, along with a splatterscope and a .52 gal, with yellow ink. The Splatterscope was wearing a SRL coat with sunglasses covering his eyes, and the .52 Gal was wearing a golf visor and an aloha shirt.

"Hey, don't you guys think that the golf visor guy looks familiar to you?" Coral asked, guestering over to him with her foil flingza.

"Umm, no. not really. Besides, even if he was a famous high ranking turf player, I'm confident that we would be able to win!" Rosa replied back, confidently twirling her dualies in her hands.

"I don't know, guys. I feel like something is going to happen in this match." Indigo stated, nervously clutching his octobrush.

"Aw, come on, Indi. We'll be fine! Everything will work out okay, I'm sure of it!" Haley exclaimed, tensing herself to get ready for the match. "Alright, if you're sure, Lee..." Indigo sighed, just as the match began.