TWENTY-EIGHT

'Dear Elena, I'm pregnant.'

Aurelia looked up from her journal, unable to phrase how she would write down what exactly had happened. She closed her eyes and sighed, before tearing out the page and crumbling it into a ball.

She then closed her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose.

She was happy that she found out that she was pregnant, and now she didn't know what to feel.

She then closed the journal and set it aside, before looking back at her open textbooks.

"Aurelia!" Caroline exclaimed, making Aurelia yelp in surprise as she burst into the room with a bottle of whiskey in one hand. "Look what I got you!" Aurelia looked at the alcoholic drink, before closing her eyes. "Aw, come, let's drink."

"What's the occasion?" She asked.

"Well, you weren't pregnant, and you seemed a little bummed out." Caroline said. "So, I brought you your favorite whiskey!"

"You remembered." Aurelia said. "How much did it cost?"

"Uh, um..." Caroline trailed off, before Aurelia groaned. "What's wrong? Is it the cost?"

"No, I can't have it." She said. Caroline looked at her in confusion. "So, you know how I wasn't pregnant, right? I'm pregnant."

"WHAT?!"

!

"Your kids were cloaked?" Aurelia nodded as Caroline finished her understanding of her sister's explanation.

"Alaric and Jo's, but sure." She said, taking a bit of her ice cream sundae.

"Oh, so there goes that bottle."

"You can always have it, you know?" Aurelia tried to cheer her up. "I'm really sorry. I didn't expect you to buy such an expensive bottle of whiskey..." Caroline's small pout turned into a smile.

"Well, I didn't exactly buy it..." Aurelia raised her eyebrows.

"Caroline Elizabeth Forbes, did you actually compel a—"

"Enough chatter about me." Caroline said, making the older vampire roll her eyes. "Do you have a bump yet?" Aurelia shrugged.

"I haven't exactly checked yet..." She said, making her sister gasp. "What?"

"How dare you?" Aurelia laughed as Caroline pulled her up to her feet, before looking at her stomach.

The blonde walked to the mirror, before slightly lifting her pretty much body-hugging shirt up to reveal her stomach. She looked at it in the mirror with slight surprise.

She was developing a bump.

Caroline squealed. "Aw, I can't believe it! You're pregnant!" She exclaimed, pulling Aurelia into a tight hug from the back.

The blonde looked at her bump in wonder and nostalgia.

"Rebekah, look, my stomach's growing!"

She couldn't help but smile at how ecstatic she was when she finally noticed a physical, visible change in her body. "Is it time for me to start showing?" She asked.

"Um, let's see." Caroline said. "The wedding was in the last week of June... which can be rounded off to July, I hope." She began, staring into space as she made a few calculations. "July, August, September, October, November. It's been, say, 20 weeks."

"Now that I think about it..." Aurelia said. "I started finding jeans and all tighter than usual about a month ago, when I should've been about 16 weeks along." She stated. "Huh, five months. I'm basically halfway through it already."