3AM

3 am falls on the salty July night.

"Joonie...help."

The road is damp and littered with red stained glass under your carved hands as you crawl back to your car from behind the ugly green dumpster, rusted over time from acid raindrops.

"Namjoon please..."

Your cries blend in with the bustling streets of your hometown. The sign of the diner you'd just finished your second double shift at, flickered eerily as it always did, mocking the way you stuttered over your words to a sleepy Namjoon on the phone. How the phone, that had tumbled hard to the ground when the rip of your jeans and the muffling of your screams rustled behind the dumpster, had managed to stay intact was beyond you. The screen still shone bright in the dimly lit parking lot of your job when you tapped Namjoon's contact information. You listened to it ring what seemed a million times before he finally picked up, sleep heavy in his voice.

"Joonie...I need you. Please, help me." Hearing the sob in your voice had Namjoon sitting up rod straight in the comfort of the cozy apartment he shared with his 6 other roommates. The bed shook underneath him when he swung his legs over the side and grabbed his glasses from the night table next to him. The lenses desperately needed cleaning, toothpaste from the night before had splashed up onto them while he'd readied himself for bed, but he put them on anyway. With lightning speed he'd pulled on his socks, mismatched and holey, and shrunk into a random jacket. The sleeves were scrunched up on one side and hanging too low on the other, but it didn't matter when your frightened voice sent alarms through his whole being.

"Where are you, y/n?"

You look behind you, afraid the man with the black mask might still be gawking at you from the shadows and try your best to find your keys. In your struggle to break free from the vile excuse for a man that had you pinned to his chest; they'd dropped to the ground with the rest of your belongings.

"Y/n, sweetheart you have to tell me where you are so that I can come get you."

The rain fell harder, the blood on your hands both crusting to your skin and washing away in crimson streams on the pavement as you lift yourself from the wet ground. Your stomach rolls and the ache in your thighs pulsates as you fumble with your keys.

"The diner." You breathe out, hands shaking violently as you try to push the key into the door lock when they fall to the ground for the second time. "Shit...Namjoon please. Please I can't do this! I-I...I...!"

"Y/N. Take a deep breath. Okay? It's going to take me a little bit to get there but I promise I-I'll be there soon." He tries his best to soothe you as he pulls the door open from his room and jogs down the hallway, scooping up his own keys from the counter. "I'm getting in the car now y/n. Deep breaths until I get there, ok? I'll be there as fast as I can."

"WAIT! You can't leave. You can't-I-you-I need you to stay on the phone. Please." You fumble once more with the keys, finally pushing it into the lock as another sob wracks your frame and you're another step closer to safety. You slam the car door shut and take in your surroundings, checking to make sure nothing's changed. The light above the diner still flickers rapidly and the streets are still filled with people driving by in their cars. For a moment you curse them for not seeing what was happening to you in an almost empty parking lot, but you remind yourself that they are just busy people trying only to make it home safely to their families. Your anger boils down, returning to the pure unbridled fear that still threatens to rip from your throat in the form of blood curdling screams.

"I need to be able to drive though y/n. I want to make sure I get to you without any problems." Namjoon tries to explain, his heart dropping at the thought of leaving you alone even though he still had no idea what was happening. It didn't matter. He'd come to you from anywhere if it meant you really needed help.