.~*1*~.

It was just silence.

Silence for the longest time possible.

Was this what it felt like to die?

Was he dead?

Was he even a he?

The last thing he remembered was...

What was the last thing he remembered?

Shouting, smoke, fire...

A girl dressed in royal blue...

A gunshot, followed by an explosion.

"Sir! He's waking up!"

He opened his eyes, only to shut them tight against the glaring white light. His head hurt, and everything was blurry and muddled.

"Can you hear me?" an unfamiliar voice asked. But it sounded too far away.

He slowly felt himself slipping back into the darkness.

"He's having another seizure!"

"How unfortunate, I thought it would work this time. Sedate him. We'll try again later."

*~~*~~*~~*

"Veronica! Hurry up! We're gonna be late!"

"I'll be right there!" Veronica said, brushing her hair frantically in an attempt to tame it. Giving up, she grabbed a scrunchie from the dresser table and tied her hair into a ponytail.

"We still got 5 minutes." Betty said as Veronica got in, starting up the car. "Let's go!"

That was the start of any other normal day in the life of Veronica Sawyer. After graduating highschool, she moved out of her home in Sherwood to a shared apartment with her old friend Betty Finn to study at Harvard. After graduating college, she and Betty got a job working for a news site; Betty as an editor and Veronica as a writer.

The office was very busy with the hustle and bustle of her coworkers running around. A man with blond hair approached her.

"Veronica! Glad you're here! Mr. Lewis is asking us to work double time!"

"Right, thanks for the heads up Daniel!" She said as she headed off to her workspace.

She wrote out the drafts of 4 articles before her boss came up to check on her.

"We need to go a little faster Sawyer. They are complaining about the articles coming a second too late!"

"Yes sir." Veronica said.

She had to endure her boss yelling at a few of her other coworkers for being too slow as well. Mr. Lewis wasn't exactly patient or understanding. However, Veronica had tried for quite a few jobs before this one and wasn't hired, so she can't just drop this one now.

This continued on for a week, until one day, she was greeted with several new faces once she got to the office. A tall, brown-haired man around her age was standing with her boss in front of her workspace, beside which a new computer was stationed.

"Ah, there she is." Mr. Lewis grumbled. "Mr. Heere, you will be working here with Ms. Sawyer. Show him what to do. We're expecting the new articles to be written out in 2 hours."

Veronica nodded. "I'm Veronica Sawyer." She held her hand out.

"Jeremy Heere." He shook it. "Pleasure meeting you, Veronica."

"Well Jeremy, the job is quite simple. We just have to write an article about the reports they give us. You don't have to worry about spelling and grammatical errors too much, our editors will fix any they find." She explained to him.