THIRTY

"Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan." Aurelia chanted, closing her eyes as she held out her hand over Stefan's body. "Stefan melunaweh washaset." She paused, swallowing as she took a deep breath.

"Aurelia, you need to take a break." Caroline said, delicately resting her hands on the Heretic's shoulders. Aurelia ignored her.

"Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan. Stefan melunaweh washaset." She continued to chant. "Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan. Stefan melunaweh washaset."

"Aurelia, listen to Caroline." Matt said, before Aurelia shook her head.

"'Lia, you need to go sleep. You've been at this for hours." Caroline said softly.

"Bonnie only went to rest a few minutes ago." Aurelia said, earning worried looks from both of them.

"Bonnie went to bed three hours ago." Matt stated. Aurelia frowned.

"It's been that long?" She asked.

"Aurelia, you're pregnant." Caroline said, sitting next to her. "You need to take rest for the babies, too." Aurelia sighed, running her hand over her stomach, which had grown in the few weeks since Stefan and Damon were stabbed with the Phoenix Sword. "At least eat something and take rest for a few hours."

"Well, I can't." Aurelia said. "I can't sleep, Care. I was unsuccessful in bringing Damon back, and if I go without bringing Stefan back, it won't help." She stated.

"Caroline's right, 'Lia." Matt said. "You're pregnant, and we both know you're exhausted." He was right. In the several sleepless nights that Aurelia had, there were slight bags underneath her eyes. She was tired much more often due to the amount of magic used every day.

Aurelia inhaled sharply, before looking at the watch in Matt's hand. "Okay, there's fifteen minutes left for two."

"Yeah, fifteen minutes left for two in the morning." Caroline retorted. "Come on, I'm taking you to bed."

"Guys, please." Aurelia said. "Fifteen more minutes. That's all I want. And then I'll stay in bed for as much time as you want." She proposed. "I'll do whatever you want, just give me fifteen more minutes." Caroline and Matt exchanged pondering looks, before the former finally nodded once.

"Fine, but as soon as that watch shows 2:00 AM, I'm pulling you up to bed." She said. Aurelia smiled, before she looked at Stefan's body, and then at the Phoenix Stone right below his neck. Before closing her eyes, she glanced at the spell in the grimoire once again.

"Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan. Stefan melunaweh washaset. Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan. Stefan melunaweh washaset." She chanted the words aloud several times, ignoring the voice in her head that was telling her to stop.

The familiar pain in her stomach hit her hard, making her suck in a breath as she fought through the pain.

"Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan. Stefan melunaweh washaset. Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan. Stefan melunaweh washaset. Ababbas dagoineh mateesah elunatan. Stefan melunaweh washaset." She opened her eyes slowly, staring at the stone as it began to glow. Caroline and Matt looked at the stone in shock. The glow went away, but Aurelia's eyes lit up.

"Matt, can you get me a knife from the kitchen?" She asked, turning her head to look at him. "The size doesn't matter."

"Why?" Caroline asked.

"I'm using my blood as a spell enhancer." Aurelia stated. The two blinked several times.

"What?" Matt questioned.