Stan's Folly

Stackpole Station

The City of Jori on Garqi

"Dang it, Stanley. What did you do?" Ford called out as a blaster bolt hit the bulkhead above him, missing him by mere inches. He returned fire as he watched the other twins rush towards the relative safety of the Mishero Krucho.

"Why do you think it was me? It could've been Corduroy, she did beat their champion in arm wrestling last night at the bar." Stan called back from his spot of cover as he fired towards where the blaster shots came from.

"And afterwards he bought us all drinks, Grunkle Stan." Mabel replied as she and her brother made it to the entrance ramp. She continued on into the ship, adding as she went "This will be a great story to tell Paz once we get back to Gravfal."

"Well yeah, he was gracious about it." Stan said as Dipper joined him behind his cover, "But the guys betting on him, now they could be mad enough for this attack."

"Send out the one named Ley and the rest of you are free to go." A voice called out from the direction the blaster bolts came from.

"Ok, I may have visited this planet ages ago. And I may have sold a local baron some perfectly fine droid parts." Stan said as he watched Dipper pull out his blaster and return fire. Looking over at Ford he saw that his twin did not fully buy his story, "Ok, they may have been a little shoddy. But in my defense, the guy could afford it. He had four wives and a large bank account."

"You could have told me this before we landed here Stanley." Ford started as another blast narrowly missed him.

"Well I thought it would have blown over by now. This happened shortly after I left Corsec." Stan said as he tried to defend himself.

Ford was about to continue the argument when Dipper broke in. "Look you two can finish this 'discussion' later. It sounds like Wendy has gotten the engines running. I'll cover you two, get up the there and get the ramp closed."

"Alright, go for it Sixer." Stan called as he fired off two shots before turning and running up the ramp followed closely by Ford.

Dipper dropped low and fired off a volley of shots as the elder twins hurried up the ramp. As the ramp started to raise up, he fired once more and then ran up the ramp. He turned back towards the opening to make sure no one tried to jump on the ramp when suddenly a barrel flew down the ramp from behind him. He turned back to see Soos standing there with an empty crate in his right arms.

"Don't worry dood, it was empty." the big Besalisk mechanic as he placed a comforting hand on Dipper's shoulder.

"Come on, let's get up there. We might be needed." Dipper said as he started heading towards the cabin where the rest had already headed.

As he made it up to the cabin he heard Stan saying, "Well I didn't know she was married at the time."

"Really Ley," Ford said shaking his head as he climbed into the co-pilot seat.

"She said I was just what she was looking for and she loaded me up with juri juice. If I had known that she had a husband, I would have been out of there faster than dad on mom's birthday." Stan said as he punched in a new set of coordinates into the nav-computer "And I wouldn't have landed here if I had known he was here and still carried a grudge. The last I saw him he was running a swoop gang on the other side of the planet."

"I guess he branched out since then." Wendy said as she took the ship up into the atmosphere.

"We've got company!" Dipper call from the ship's sensors. "Two small craft coming from back near where we just left."