Chapter one

" Hazel?" I know that voice, I haven't heard it in a very long time. I turn around a little hesitant because the last time I heard that voice was when was sixteen and on vacation. I met a boy maybe seventeen, we had an instant connection like we had known each other our entire lives. I'm afraid that when I completely turn it's not going to be him, I don't think I could handle if it's not him. When I finally look at him tears instantly form in my eyes and I jump into his arms. It's been five years since I have last seen him, so much has happened in the last year that it's really great seeing him. " Killian." I sighed and pulled back to look at his face. He looks older but really good. I smiled at him and I didn't even realize I was crying as hard as I was. He reaches up a hand and wiped my tears away. There was electric sparks wherever he touched, his hands moved to the side of my face and he lowered his head down to rest on my forehead. I have thought about him being my mate but I thought I was just projected what I felt for him before.

When I turned eighteen I became of age. Before my mother passed, she told me when I came of age everything would change. The way I saw the world, my attitude towards everything I thought I knew if only I knew it was like this. After coming of age you are opened up to the universe with all the good or bad, I had lost my mom about five months after my birthday, she didn't get to teach me hardly anything about what I am but I wasn't completely alone. I had my best friends Stella and Lillian. They are both older than me and have helped me adjust to everything. I opened my eyes to look at Killian to see he is already looking at me with a sad smile

" I wish I could've got here sooner but I was stuck in Jamaica with my parents. I'm so sorry, Lilly told me what happened a few weeks ago." My mom always liked him even though we only knew him for a few weeks vacation. When my mom passed I cut everyone off for awhile and when I was okay again I didn't know how to reach out without going into a dark place again. I move my head to his shoulder and give him a hug, I heard him sigh in content.

There's footsteps behind him and I look up to see Stella walking up to us with a confused look on her face.

" Who's this Haz?" She gives him a once over and looks back at me, she's been extra protective of me the past year so I understand her hesitation. I move forward to meet her half way but a hand moves around my waist and rests on my hip. I turn to look at Killian and he smiles, I roll my eyes in return. " Hey Stella this is Killian my friend. I told you about him I met him on vacation a few years ago." She takes a second to think and her eyes light up. She looks at him again and her eyes travel to his hand and she gave me a knowing smile.

"It's nice to finally meet you Kai." She reaches out to shake his hand.

We all headed back to mine and Stella's place when we pull up we see Lily and her boyfriend Noah along with someone I've never met before, maybe he's Noah's friend. I pulled into the driveway and quickly got out and ran over to lily and hugged her. She laughed at me and nodded her head know why I hugged her so aggressively. Killian walked up and gave her a quick hug and thanked her for messaging him. Noah leaned over and pointed to Stella and his friend's eyes lit up. He quickly rushed over to her and introduced himself.

Once everyone was inside I pulled Lily and Stella into the kitchen. "One thank you for messaging Kai,two I found out something earlier with him but I'm not sure if he is aware of it or not. He's my mate." They both looked at me with no shock whatsoever, just a blank stare back at me. Out of nowhere they burst out laughing uncontrollably. " Girl why do you think I texted him. We've known for a long time now. You're mom told us before everything she just didn't want us to tell you because she wanted you to figure it out." Now it was my turn to stare at them, I didn't know how to feel the fact that mom knew and didn't say anything. " And not to mention that he does know because he came of age the same time you did. He felt the spark too, why do you think when I walked up his arm went immediately around you. He didn't want you out of reach." I went to say something back but then my brain comprended what she said. " How do you know there was a feeling of sparks? Hmmm? Unless that man out there is yours." Stella looks at me and blushes " His name is Luca thank you very much, and yes he is." Her face lights up when she started thinking about him.