Different

I started writing this once again on a bus cause apparently I live on public transport. Sorry for any mistakes.

SWF / SFF

Hey if you feel like getting smashed, drink every time the word different is mentioned! You probably won't make it to the end of this story!

xxx

It was pretty early on in the relationship that Grace knew it was going to be different from her other ones, ignoring all the corny clichés about how this one will be different, it truly was. Why was it so different, because it was real, more authentic and honest than any other.

Different was the word constantly used to describe Grace in the last couple of months. Comments from viewers such as "Your videos and editing are different" or "Your filming setup is different" or even about her appearance "Your hair! You changed it, it's different"

Then there were the comments from close friends "Your smile is different" or "That's a different laugh!". At the start of all these remarks and comments she shook them off and didn't take much notice of them, until she began to look deeper into how she was being so different what changed. She asked her close friends if she was being different good or different bad, they all replied saying it was a good different a happier one.

One day when her and Chester were in the kitchen on an early sunday morning, she asked him if he thought she was different.

"Different how? Cause if we're talking about hair than yes, very different" Chester admits, reaching out to to push her messy, now super long hair, behind her shoulder.

She slaps his hand away playfully "Oh ha ha, no seriously, do I act differently? Have I been doing things different to how I normally do?"

"Do you feel different?" He replies

Grace thinks for a second

"Well you make me feel different than any other relationship I've been in, a good different" Grace states this as if it's a fact.

The smile on Chesters face is the proudest one he thinks he's ever showcased.

"What? Why are you smiling?" She questions

"So your saying this, between us, is like a once in a life time kinda thing?" Chester says smugly

"I didn't say that!" Grace defends jokingly

The conversation ended there, Grace grabbed her coffee and went to the loung to edit while Chester finished up the dishes.

~

Several days later Grace climbs into bed and Chester walks out of the bathroom, sweats low on his hips, his chest on full show. She has no shame in staring and Chester didn't mind her intense gaze, made him feel very proud actually.

Walking towards the bed he lifts back the covers and slides in underneath. She rolls over, a question on the tip of her tongue when all of a sudden Chester sit ups abruptly.

"Grace! Do you know what today is?"

She looks at him confused "December twenty fo-"

"Christmas eve!" Chester shouts throwing back the covers and grabbing Graces hand to drag her out of bed.

He pulls her towards the living room where the tree is, in it's full glory, lights scattered not only all around the tree but throughout the whole room.

Grace shoots Chester a confused look

"We get to open one present tonight! Not a big one just a small insignificant funny one. I'll pick one for you!"

Grace looks shocked at first but then her face breaks into a smile "Really? I've never heard of that before that's so-"

"Different" Chester finishes grinning from ear to ear.

Grace just nods as Chester goes digging through the presents under the tree and picks out a small neatly box shaped wrapped present. He hands it to Grace with a huge smile plastered on his face.

His wrapping was perfect she didn't want to rip it open to reveal the contents inside. As she pulled on the string around it she could sense the impatience from Chester so she sped up her process and began to tear into the paper. Underneath the paper was a small cardboard box, she lifted the lid and was faced with the adorable silhouette of a French Bulldog on a key ring.

She meets his eyes with hers, filled the with the utmost love and affection.

"Turn it over" He tells her

Grace flips the key ring over in the box and their is a small engraved sentence reading 'not the same as another or each other'.

Grace looks up at him quizzically.

"It's the definition of different, because I believe that this, what we have, is not the same as anyone else" he pauses and then smiles "And it's on a French Bulldog key chain because it makes it less corny" he let's out a small nervous laugh.

"I love it Ches, I love us"

She leans towards him and rests a hand on his bare chest placing a kiss to his soft lips, as she pulls away she feels his hand tighten around the back of her neck bring her face back to his.

"What about your present?" She asks against his lips.

"I've already got it"

xxx

I started writing this like a month ago and only just decided to finish it. Leave me feedback and requests down below.

Hope you enjoyed.