Day 1

Cassie

BOOM

I bolted straight up and out of my bed, my body hitting the floor with a thud. The whole house shuddered, something shattered in the hall. I looked at the bed across the room, it was empty.
Sloane
I knew no one would be able to get in without getting detected, Sterling was a extremely light sleeper, she jumped at anything. But it was always at the back of my mind, someone COULD be in the house, someone COULD have taken Sloane.
"Cassie you ok" Jude walked in scratching his head.
"Sloane's gone"
Those two words woke him up, he went immediately into marine soldier mode and started yelling for Sterling and Briggs. He moved pretty fast for a 64 year old man. I started to follow him when Sterling grabbed my arm. I would have laughed at her silk pink pajamas if she didn't have a gun.
"Stay behind me" she had a gun pointed to the front, she moved quietly and efficiently.
"Clear" I heard Jude yell from the kitchen.
"Clear" Briggs from the living room. The basement door was open.
"65% of murders happen at night, 18% is in the basement"
Sloanes voice echoed through my head, and I rushed towards the door before Sterling could read my face.
"Cassandra stop" she yelled trying to grab me. I rushed down the stairs, missing the last step and fell into the hard concrete floor below.
"From my calculations, everyone was most likely awoken due to Michaels anger management class"
I looked up to see Sloane sitting on the ground wearing goggles, Michael ten feet away from her holding a firework in one hand, a lighter in the other.
"I may have given him the wrong explosive" she claimed after a second.
"Sloane what the" Sterling paused for a brief moment to choose her words wisely, Sloane was sensitive, and based off the situation, she was trying to help Michael "next time, use the less earth shaking firework please sweetheart" Judd saved her. Sloane thought for a second then shook her head and smiled.
"I swear to god that child's got Scarletts guts" he murmured as he turned away,  loud enough for Sterling and me to hear. Sterling smiled and walked over to Sloane "Michaels good now, time for bed ok" she said gently brushing Sloanes cheek, Sloane happily pranced up the stairs, grabbing Judds hand on the way up.
"Michale Townsend" Sterling went from a kitten to a mountain Lion in a Split second. I took that as a hint to leave.
As I got back upstairs and into Bed, Sloane sat up and looked at me.
"There is a good chance Michael and me have been doing this for more then a month" I laughed and looked at her.
"Love you Sloane" she quirked her head to the side and scrunched her eyebrows "I see that as a good night"
"Affirmative".