Chapter One: Normal

Emily sat in her expansive bedroom, at the window side looking out at the evasive lake with its crystal blue waters shining back up at her. She could see her as a small child swimming and laughing in that lake, with her many friends tagging along. She shifted her gaze to her maid to watch as she set up streamers and decked the table out with blues and purples. Emily stood up, making the decision that she would go outside and help poor Margret the Maid set up the party. Emily padded over to the dresser that seemed to be too big to fit all of her clothes anyways, to grab her a pair of ripped baby blue jeans and a black crop top. As she was slipping on her crop top over her jeans, she heard her mom calling for her from the kitchen. Emily slipped on her Crocs and walked down the stairs that glimmered and shined. She put her hand on the glossed railing and thought this staircase probably was very expensive. "Emily," she heard her mother call for the 2nd time. The smell of strawberry cake left an amazing aroma that made Emily's stomach turn with hunger. As she approached the dining room's entrance she peeked her head through the doorway, she could see her mom making homemade icing she guessed from her great-great grandmother's cookbook. "You needed me," Emily asked. "Can you please go out and get some more buttercream from the walk-in outside," her mother asked without looking up from the batter bowl. Emily smiled at her mom's diligence and began making her way to the big oak door that her great grandfather had made when he was putting up the walls of this house. She admired the fine cuts and edges he had made on the surface of the door. The door handle was finely dusted with gold as she slipped it into her hands and twisted it. The fresh summer breeze was calling to her as she took the first step of her granite patio and made her way to the steel house-like freezer. She slowly opened the handle of the door and walked around the almost winter-like area that was stacked with shelves and shelves of different kinds of exotic foods from, she was sure that they were from different countries. The buttercream frosting, she saw, was sitting on the top shelf 7th from the door. She snatched it and as she was leaving something caught her eye. A small golden ring was stuffed in the back of some rambutan, it felt as if it was calling her so she picked it up and stuffed it into her pocket. She planned on asking her mom about it later when she wasn't frantically prancing around the room to get things planned for her best friend's birthday party.

The door of the freezer was standing wide open when Emily got to the frame of it, she stepped on the outside and shut it. Her feet took her back to the kitchen where she gave her mom the buttercream frosting and found herself back outside helping Margret prepare for the party. When they had just finished hanging the last of the balloons, Emily went back inside to her room where she would soon be calling her friends to let them know it was time to come over. Emily was beginning to buzz with excitement when she texted her boyfriend about the party. The Phillips Collection mirror was hung delicately on the back of her closet door, and she could see herself pulling up her soft black hair into a tight bun, and putting on the light blue color of her eye shadow and soft pink blush. Emily grabbed her black and white bikini from her large walk-in closet next to the 5 other bikinis that she had only worn at least 3 times in a year. Everyone at her school says, "You're so rich and you get everything you want it's totally not fair." They are true and in a way, she does get what she wants. Actually, she always gets what she wants, and with that thought, she turns around and sees her huge bed with a plush red velvet color covers and enough pillows to smuggle a St. Bernard. The clothes that she had been given for free are something that she can't miss also considering she never works because her parents pay for everything. Sometimes she kind of felt bad, but not bad enough to complain about it. Her iPhone 13, which isn't even out yet because her parents paid millions of dollars so I could be the one to test it before other people did, the phone screen lit up showing her boyfriend's pet name with a confirming thumbs up to show he will be here. She set the ring on her dresser, and made her way down the stairs again.

Margret and Emily had just finished putting the glass pitcher filled with lemonade and ice on the table outside, when they heard the doorbell ringing, signifying that the guests have arrived. At that moment Emily felt as though her chest was going to explode from excitement, she ran to the door and shoved it wide open showing a group of 3 smiling teenagers. She had her friends and boyfriend follow her to the back where the oak table was set up with a pitcher of lemonade and now the frosted and ready cake that her mom was making just moments ago. Emily switched her gaze to her friends to see their reactions, and from what she could see, they loved it. "Oh my God, Emily I love it," wailed Asia as if confirming her suspicions.