Prologue

Flashback

Although I spent most of my life learning about Hogwarts I was still terrified for my first day. My parents spent practically every moment, since I showed my first signs of magic, preparing me for this.

I was eight when it first happened. Kaya was showing me some spells she learned from her parents with hand magic. Jokingly I mimicked her but when the spell worked for me, well, everything changed. Suddenly I wasn't just the muggle best friend, I too was a witch.

I still felt like I was going to vomit despite everything. No matter how ready you are, you are never truly prepared for the unknown. At that moment everything you know suddenly vanishes. What was once so simple can become the hardest moment of your life in the blink of an eye.

My mother broke me from my trance, "On three, okay?" She asked, her voice alone was able to comfort me slightly. I nodded and clutched my cart tightly, all of my belongings secured inside.

"One...... Two...... Three...." At three, she, my father, and I ran into the wall at platform 9 and 3/4. I closed my eyes until I was sure we had reached the other side. I was still gripping my cart extremely tight, the skin on my hands was now a ghostly shade of white.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" My mother asked, ruffling my hair. I smiled softly looking into her soft brown eyes.

"No, but it still seems a bit odd. To get here through a wall, you know?" I glanced awkwardly to my hands, knowing how much they hated when I questioned things like this.

"Hey, don't be nervous love. You'll do great, you always do." She knelt down to my level looking me in the eyes before pulling me into a tight hug. "You're going to be amazing these next seven years. I just know it." I hugged her tightly, afraid to let go as she kissed my forehead. "I love you," she whispered gently into my ear.

"I love you too," I said hugging her tighter, a few stray tears trickled down my cheeks. My dad smiled, bending low enough to kiss my forehead. I hesitantly released my mother from the hug and noticed a few tears in the corners of her eye as well.

"Be good Leia, I love you." My father said as he pulled me into a quick hug before I ventured off into the unknown. My new life

Saying goodbye to my parents, even though it's only temporary, was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I know this isn't the last time I'd see them, but I also knew at Hogwarts I would be forced to make new friends, and meet new teachers. I cringed at the thought. For most people this wouldn't be a problem but I'm not exactly a social butterfly. Which is a polite way of saying I simply don't know how to make friends.

I grabbed my bags with a deep breath and began walking towards the train. 'Might as well get this over with,' I thought to myself. I stopped at the entrance, closing my eyes wondering if when I opened them I'd be home in my bed, realizing this was all some crazy dream.

I opened my eyes realizing this was real. I was really here. Before I could take another step I was knocked off of my feet. I groaned in frustration as I began to get back up.

"Hey watch it," I said angrily as I brushed myself off. I looked at the person who ran into me instantly feeling my cheeks grow warm as a blush crept onto my face.

"My bad," he scoffed sarcastically. He didn't really smile but definitely had a slight smirk, perhaps a bit smug. Regardless that smug smirk made me blush even more.

His blue eyes, practically white hair, and voice gave me butterflies. "Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said while proudly holding out his hand. I hesitantly looked to his hand then back to his eyes before taking it in my own. He had an oddly firm handshake for someone who was still a child.

"Leia," I said gently, smiling slightly.

"Here, let me help you." He began to collect my books from the ground. He was already placing them in my hands before I was able to say or do anything. I stood there, frozen, for a few moments before snapping back into reality.

"Thank you." I let out a sigh of relief. Suddenly the train's horn went off startling me as it echoed throughout the station. "Um, I should, I should get going," I said quickly turning around, smiling to myself ever so slightly.

The same thought kept echoing in my mind. How could someone so different and confident still be so attractive?

*End of flashback*