The Dissident and the Doctor: Bonds Broken

Late 19th Century, Early 20th-century  Post Peak Industrial mark. 1st Spring Solstice season. 3rd L.I.A Cycle  Circadian (Life After Foreign Imperialism).

Kohaku [Ko-hah-koo] (Amber), Azumi( Ah-zoo-me) and Tsubari (Sue-bar-ree) weave through the clay and boulder mounds like hunting minks towards the Herbal fields of their Deciduous forest territory. Their animalistic feet scarcely touch the ground whilst honing in to the fading of cry where the wretched, high-pitch scream-yelp originated and echoed off the timberlines.

Please let that be  a dissident!

Kohaku pleaded to himself as his hand-paws trampled across weeds stained with recently spilled blood. The medical students rounded the arching, wooden half-bridge docking beams that connected one water inlet field to the main flora cultivating area. 

Kohaku saw two Haveners in their anthropomorphic werewolf forms beside an old, hollowed-out tree truck. The three medical youth faltered their pace momentarily but pushed forward when they saw who it was that loomed over the other Havener in a threatening posture. 

Lady and Herbology Department Director, Fei'ha (FAY-HAH), loomed over a still male Havener.  She was in a trance-like stillness. Her defensively arching back,  bristling hackles  and cape doubled her lean built, 2ft 10in statue as her hairs stood up like porcupine quills. Her face was numb and splattered with bloody droplets. Her hybrid hand-paws were especially saturated with it. As if she had swished her hands in an overripe cranberry juice bowl. Her hackles prickled up with anticipation and limbs tense. As if expecting the still form to launch at her like a striking adder.

The three medical students saw the crumpled body of Sterling. The delusional/self-proclaimed leader of the Ya'khortan dissidents behind the bloody boarder skirmishes. 

The males' lean and dense muscles appeared small and atrophy under Golden Buckskin base coat and Charcoal gray and white grizzled nape and saddle. The ashen, bodily surface rot-like film across his undercoat and skin tone created a sickly shade over his Pheomelanin skin tone. 

His dark Helmet-patterned facial markings looked chalky and translucent. His fur, like his muscles, was equally lackluster. It was dull, brittle and limp, instead of glossy, thick and straight. Blood from fellow ambushed tribe members stained the entirety of Sterling's muzzle, throat and lower front limbs like a morbid, wine-red water-color spread. 

The three students visibly and vocally cringed at the ghastly death-marked display.

When Sterling's face came into focus, did Kohaku's disturbed Russet eyes inflated with startled horror. And his earth tone Auburn brown hair fluffed up in alarm.

Sterling's eyes were viciously clawed out from their sockets. The disemboweled gelatinous organs near Lady Fei'ha's hand-paws. 

They were dull. deflated. concave. Optical nerve cords not fully attached to the ends of the cloudy wet spheres. Vertical, deep slits ooze out watery blood and pooled down his light colored, marked cheeks and onto the piney green grass.

 His one remaining good ear also suffered injury, having been bitten off/torn down the middle which matched his body's pale fragility.

Sterling's mouth was parted into a frozen, pained frown and out from his black lips an impressionable scent of gaseous hot rottenness from tissue decay and fresh blood slowly waft up out his throat and nostrils like a heat wave.

Lady Fei'ha was not fully aware of the three medical students presence nor their concerning intrusion.

Azumi and Tsubari paused for a moment, leery towards the dangerous dissident, then they muster their courage to check his vitals. Cautiously prodding and looking for other critical/ near-fatal injuries on the male Havener.