Her name is Valerie. She wore bright wigs. Her makeup was out there. Anything to be noticed. Anything to be listened to. Valerie works at her aunt Diane's rock club. Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and weekend there would be a band playing. Never anyone famous. Usually local bands or whoever needed a gig. Alot of bands begged to play for free just for exposure. This however was a poor choice because the club/venue was not very big and fit just about less than 300 people max.Valerie did whatever needed doing. It should also be mentioned, she is mute although not by choice.

When Valerie was born, she cried but had no voice. Her mother died during childbirth. Her father was God knows where. Valerie was placed in the care of her aunt. Her aunt Diane was about twenty one when Valerie was placed into her custody. Diane was tall with long, black dyed, hair. She had a bunch of piercings. She had the start of a tattoo sleve on her left arm. She basically looked like she walked out of an emo 2000s music video.

After about seven months of her still not speaking, Diane took her to a doctor. He told her that Valerie was born with damaged vocal chords. She was too young to really be examined. Diane learned sign language and taught Valerie. By age five she was old enough to properly be examined. The doctor said it was either a medical abnormality or a result of complications during pregnancy.

Valerie's mom wasn't exactly the motherly type either. Valerie was an accident. There's no other way around it. Her mom did not want this baby. She drank heavily and probably delt with substance abuse. She secluded herself from her family, except her younger sister who sent her money each month. Valerie's mother really was quite beautiful up until about twenty five when she started her "lifestyle choices". By age thirty when Valerie was born, she looked looked fifty. Her name was Dolores and she didn't make it to age thirty one.

When Valerie turned eight she had undergone surgery to repair her vocal chords. The surgery was unsuccessful.
She tried again when she turned 12 with the same results. It is now fact, Valerie Shultz will never speak a word.

(I came up with the concept for this story but had no intention of going anywhere with it. I told my friend about it and he encouraged me to continue. This is for him. But he doesn't have wattpad lmao so if yall wanna help me or give critiques or anything that's encouraged. When it's done imma show him)