Chapter 1

Sitting up in her bed, Luna stared with two bloodshot eyes to the wall. It was beautiful wallpaper with birds on it, and the rest of her room was painted in a shade of teal. It was 2:34 am and she was still lying there, curled up like a fern in her bed. Things had gone as smoothly as the ocean on a windy day. Shed tried to stand up to some bullys for her friend and it worked! For a while. She'd made things no different, but she had brought the bullying upon herself too. She discovered this when at lunch, she went to the cafeteria and was ganged up on by the ring leader of the whole thing. Her hair was fair and she was tall, not quite as tall as Luna but still pretty tall. Her gang of "friends" then proceeded to stalk her like wolf's, ocationally lashing out to weaken their prey, and she was the prey. keeping her calm she told them to get a life and leave her alone. They laughed. What was wrong with her. With every insult, she asked herself another question. Then with a sharp pain in her cheek, reality came flooding back to her like the red sea to the Egyptians, washing her away in a puddle of pain and misery. Then, she gained a small will to defend herself, but soon after she felt guilty herself. If she bullied back she was no better than them. So, she stopped. She let them do what they pleased, with just a little, tiny bit of hope that karma would slap them back defensively and send them flying like a rouge plane and crash land on guilt island. All this turmoil lingered in her mind that night. The teasing. The beating. The unsettling feeling that she would relive this hell to tomorrow.