The Prodigious Battle | Dramione

The luminous, red flash of light emerged from the tip of the wand and flung towards the blonde boy in a speed. He scarcely had any minute to act upon his defence before the curse hit him from the back, sending him soaring and slamming against the cracked wall.

Fuck. He was too engaged duelling the other, stupid, Death Eaters that he hadn't seen the hex shooting towards him from behind.

Draco frantically searched for his wand which had been knocked out of his hand. As he spotted it, he reached over to grab his wand, technically his mother's, but failed when another curse hit him sharp at his chest, weakening him yet again.

This curse was even more effective and familiar with Draco. The pain shot throughout his body like wildfire. Thousands of burning, hot knives felt as if stabbing their way in his surface. Cruciatus Curse, he vaguely realised and bit his lip to hold back a yelp of excruciating agony. He whimpered, struggling against the agonizing pain. For what it seemed like hours, Draco finally felt the castor lift of the brutal curse.

He pulled himself up grabbing one of the scattered bricks around him, in support. The blond panted, breathing heavily and his head still throbbing due to the unforgivable curse. He needed to get out there. To her. His blurred vision cleared slowly - A long, narrow silver cane appeared and Draco soon realised who it belonged to.

"Father." He acknowledged coldly, his voice displaying the disgust as he glowered at the man before him.

"Ah, yes, son. Still battling for the opposite side, I see."

Lucius Malfoy stepped forward with a scowl, jabbing his infamous cane cruelly in Draco's gut causing him to wince. He shouldn't keep up with that conversation but seeing his so-called father, merely compelled him to recall the last few years of torture and torment of the war. The man who had shoved all that absurd, prejudice against the Muggleborns in him. He had misled him, starting at a very young age and made a hell out of his life.

"Do not call me your son."

"Such a pity." Lucius continued, plainly ignoring the boy. "To see a Malfoy on the ground, covered in filth. All for a dirty mudbl-"

Before he could utter the word, Draco was on his feet again. He already had his wand in his grip back again; fighting back the urge to curse the man in front of him, to oblivion. So that he would go through every bit of pain which she had to suffer. Merlin, how he loathed the man to every fibre of his being.

"Her name is Hermione Granger. I'll not tolerate anyone who refers her as that foul term." The boy sneered, ready with his wand pointed at the perfect direction.

"Well then, be prepared for-"

But the sentence remained incomplete, as there was a sudden, vociferous crash. The walls came smashing in front of him, creating havoc. Draco searched through the grey fumes - Lucius Malfoy was no longer to be seen.

And then, a loud, piercing cry was heard out of sudden - a scream, which was all too much familiar.

_____________________

The scream left her mouth at the top of her voice. Her heart clenched and she couldn't find her breathe, rooted to her spot. No no, that wasn't possible. This couldn't be happening. She let out a gasp, finding the scene to be unbelievable.

The pale, lifeless body of Nymphadora Tonks laid on the filthy ground in front of her. Closely followed by the figure of her now, deceased, old professor Remus Lupin. The maniac witch, Bellatrix Lestrange, stood to have insane and mocking laughs. The sadistic woman stomped her boot on the body of her niece - how cruel and low she'd stooped?

Hermione had heard her spell the unforgivable curse, 'Avada Kedavra' out loud, watched the green, sharp light hit her dear friend, draining away her soul. The next similar curse formed and hit Lupin next, taking away his soul as well. Everything happened in front of her own eyes and she didn't do anything. How couldn't she save them?

The fresh tears now ran over freely above her cheeks. The grief seemed to be consuming her, too much care to about anything around her. Her other two close friends were gone as well. How many people did she have to lose to this cruel war? How much more did they have to bear with all these torments?

Lost in her thoughts, Hermione never noticed when a death eater was almost going to take advantage of her from behind at that moment - almost killing her until she heard his voice.

"Granger!"

At that, she turned to see the recognizable blond hair which was none other than Draco. At his feet was the stunned death eater, who was apparently trying to murder her but failed when Draco stunned him down.

Hermione didn't waste another minute and ran towards him, wrapping herself around him with a tight grip. The tears continued to roll down her face. At least she didn't lose him and neither could she afford to lose him. She felt Draco wrap his own arms around her in return as she buried her face into his chest. The feeling of a bit of relief and warmth consumed her. She wished she could just forever stay like that.

"Granger, are you okay? I-"

"I couldn't save them, Draco. I remained stuck to my spot - I should have done something!"

"You are not at fault. You simply would've risked your own life by doing something out of the order." The boy said lowly, finding his eyes land on his deceased cousin and her husband. A cousin he never knew of properly. "I detest her so much." He whispers, feeling his resentment rise. He hated Bellatrix Lestrange for everything she's ever done, for the numerous lives she had demolished.

"We need to leave."

The brunette nodded, taking a last look at her now, gone friends. Draco placed a soft kiss on her forehead before taking her arm and heading away.

_____________________

A/N: Dramione shipper? Or not? Anyway, was this good? I hope it is!