Never Enough

It had been any normal Saturday. Everyone had been allowed to go home for the weekend, and I was so happy. I could finally see my mom!

I unlocked the door to our apartment and excitedly rushed to slip my shoes off. "Mom, I'm home!" I called as the scent of Katsudon filled my nose.

My mom peeked her head out of the kitchen. "Izuku!" My mom cried as she shuffled over to me. She wrapped her hands around me tightly in the certain embrace only mothers can, and quickly let go. "How was school?" She asked as she went back over to the kitchen. I followed her as the scent grew stronger.

"It was amazing!" I exclaimed with stars in my eyes. "We trained some more and I learned some more techniques! Oh, and then my friend, Uraraka made me float! That was so cool, it was like I was weightless! Oh, wait! There was also..." My mom smiled fondly at me as I rambled, chuckling slightly. "Well, dinners done so go get changed!"

I went to my room as asked, and my eyes drifted over to my alarm clock. 6:30, the clock read. I was just putting my shirt on when a sudden buzzing sounded from my bed. Curiously, I unlocked my phone to see I had a call from—All Might?! I quickly fumbled to accept the call. "Hello, young Midoriya!" All Mights voice boomed through the phone. I had known who was calling, but I couldn't help the squeak of "A-all Might!" That escaped my lips.

"I'm sorry to call so suddenly, but would you like to meet me at the beach tomorrow for some mentor bonding?" I was speechless. All Might wanted to hang out with me? Apparently I was silent for longer than I realized, as he took my silence as a no. "It's alright if you wouldn't like to, I am aware it's your weekend with your mother-" I mentally kicked myself. "No!" I said a little too loudly. I blushed in embarrassment, suddenly thankful he couldn't see me. "No, that's fine!" It was silent on both sides for a little while, before suddenly All Might broke the silence. "Perfect! Meet me at the beach at 2:00 tomorrow after you get your mothers permission!" I laughed, and ended the call with a quick "of course!"

As the beep signaling the end of the call resonated throughout my phone, I couldn't help the giddy feeling of excitement that blossomed in my chest. All Might wanted to hang out with me! I still couldn't believe it.

Sliding on my shirt, I couldn't help the huge smile and the bounce in my step as I walked to go eat dinner.

—————————————

The next day I awoke, I was so excited that nothing could change my good mood.

At least, that's what I believed.

I bounced out of my bed, fumbling to change and get ready. I checked the time as I stood up and groaned. Only 11:00. It wasn't all that bad, I guess. I only had to wait 4 hours. Doesn't mean I wasn't vibrating through the apartment.

I walked into the bathroom, grabbing a towel and a change of clothes on the way. Turning the temperature to what I dubbed as hot-but-not-too-hot, I stripped of clothing and jumped into the shower. As I began to clean my hair I couldn't help but think about what All Might had planned. Since he was so unpredictable, I gave up and eventually resumed to cleaning my body.

After I had dried off and brushed my teeth, I looked into the mirror in distaste as my hair puffed out across my head. I attempted to tame it as I pushed down on it with my hands, eventually sighing as I accepted defeat. Still buzzing with excitement from my plans with All Might, I raced to check the time, only to sigh in disappointment only to see it read 12:14.

Sighing once more, I decided to clean the house since my mom was at work.

—————————————

I noticed all might facing towards the ocean in his scrawny form as I approached him. I was going to call out to him, but thought that unwise as I could catch any nearby peoples attention. Finally close enough to speak normally, I eagerly bounced to his side. Noticing movement next to him, he grinned.