Date night

That work day was particularly slow, the group filed papers and did some other work, nothing too interesting, Morgan picked up his phone as it rang.

"Hello, Morgan." A familiar monotone voice greeted.

Morgan shot up from his chair, receiving attention from his fellow friends around him, anger plastered in his face.

He stomped into an empty interrogation room and shut the door, "What the hell do you want?" He growled, he heard the man laugh.

"why so mad, agent?. You should be happy...You just got married!" He exclaimed, "That proposal was quite beautiful...A house full of friends, such happiness." Morgan was trying not to let this man get under his skin...But he wasn't doing a good job.

"This is the last time I'm gonna ask...What. The hell. Do you want?." He hissed, the man waited a couple seconds before responding. "I want you to burn, Morgan...I want you and your little family....To burn." He growled before hanging up.

Morgan slammed his phone down on the table, throwing his hands over his face, "You can't let him get to you..." he whispered to himself.

The door opened and Morgan looked up, Ried smiled at him, "You doing ok?" He asked, handing Morgan a cup of freshly made coffee.

"Yeah...I'm fine, just a little stressed out with the baby and everything." Ried took a second to think before a smile spread across his face, "Maybe you could get a babysitter and you and amber could go on a date or something?"

Morgan nodded and smiled, "Thats be great, Ried. What time can you be over?" He stood up and grabbed his phone.

"Huh?" Ried asked, Morgan smiled, "7 would be great, we would have enough time to go out and I'd be off work by then." He patted ried's shoulder as he passed him.
-

A couple more hours of work and Morgan was home free. He jumped in his car, exited for his date. He quickly drove to the house, he found ried's car parked in the driveway.

He parked the car and got out, he walked up to amber and Ried vehicle were talking by the front door, amber noticed Morgan and smiled. "you didn't call and say we were going on a date tonight."

Morgan smiled "Oh, yeah. My bad." She hugged him, "It's fine. I'll go get ready." Amber turned to go to their bedroom and get ready.

Morgan and Ried walked inside, Morgan picked up Valerie and rocked her in his arms, smiling. "You ever has a babysitting job, Ried?" Ried quickly shook his head.

"I thought so." Morgan laughed, he put Valerie back in her crib and walked to his room, he turned back to look at Reid "Make sure she doesn't start crying!...I'll be back." He shut his bedroom door.

After getting ready Morgan waited for amber, "I'm ready!" He heard amber yell as she strutted out of her room in a short red dress, black heels, and a gold thin chain necklace to match her new ring.

"Wow." Morgan gasped as he hugged her, she smiled and kissed his cheek before turning around and grabbing Valerie out of her crib and turning to Ried.

"She goes to bed at 8:00, she has a night light, the baby food is in the fridge, diapers are in the bathroom under the counter, and you might wanna pull that hair back into a ponytail cause she likes to pull on hair." Amber said all with one breath as she laid Valerie in Reid's arms.

"Good luck, kid." Morgan smiled as they walked out the door, Ried watched from the door as they got in the car and drove off.

"What shall we have to eat tonight, Valerie?" Ried asked, Val reached up and grabbed ried's hair, pulling it down with a giggle, "Ow." Ried groaned.

I finally got around to posting another chapter of this story! I'm happy with this chapter and now I have to figure out what I'm gonna do for the next chapter 🤔. Hope you guys and gals like this one!