"Comfort Food" Giovanni x Reader (kinda sad)

You stood by the microwave, watching the bowl of leftovers spin slowly inside. You knew it wasn't healthy to eat at such an hour, but you required some comfort food. You hummed a little tune as you waited, not realizing who was standing behind you, watching with somnolent eyes.

"Hey," whispered Giovanni, causing you to yelp. "Oh- sorry, I didn't mean to startle you..." "Oh- it's alright..." "But are you?" "Of course," you lied. You didn't wish for Giovanni to worry and tried to hide your true feelings; but you should have known better than to lie to him, as he saw right through it.

"You're comfort-eating at 2 in the morning... There's gotta be something keeping you up, I can tell," he said with a tone of poignancy that grieved you to hear. The microwave beeps interrupted your interaction and you took out the freshly warmed food carefully. You attempted to ignore his question. This proved fruitless, as he continued.

"Answer me, please, what's wrong?" You still wouldn't give him the answer, and instead set your leftovers down at the table.

Giovanni then hugged you softly and made you face him. "You may be trying to ignore me, but I'm not going to ignore your problems. C'mon... What's wrong?"

You burst into tears at how much he cared about you. It wasn't hard to see how much he loved you, and that just made it harder on you. He hushed you and held you tighter. "Hey, hey, I'm here for you, ok? Please, tell me..."

You sniffled. "I don't think I'm good enough for you, ok!" You choked out. "Why wouldn't you be good enough for me?" he asked softly and brushed his fingers down your head to your back in an attempt to soothe you. "Because! You're so much better than me, you could do so much better! You deserve someone much more attractive, and funnier, and cooler and-" Giovanni cut you off with a pleasant, long, soup flavored kiss on the lips.

"Not just anyone can win over the heart of the Great Giovanni Potage, y'know!" he began to explain. "I see something in you. Something special, something completely and entirely unique and irreplaceable! I see you for who you are."

You began to cry harder into Giovanni's shoulder and he gently caressed up and down your for what felt like an eternity until you calmed down. "Do you really mean that?" you asked with a mix of joy and worry. "Well of course I do! What kind of a person would I be if you would lie to you about that?!" He responded with his usual confidence.

"Thank you," you whispered.