Prologue

South east to Wellington in the city of Indianapolis a figure stood on a roof overlooking the horror of the city.

The building was surrounded by hundreds, maybe thousands of walkers. The sun began to set over the city turning the sky into a dirty yellow colour.

The figure dug a knife into a battered can and pulled the top off revealing some aged food.

"Shit" they whispered before prodding it around. The sludge inside the damaged can was no longer edible. They lifted up their arm and threw the can off of the roof. It slowly drifted down and smacked a walker in the head making them stumble.

The figure had a hoodie pulled over their head and sat on the roof dangling their feet over the edge. Too far up for the undead to nibble at their toes.

The city was dirty, full of blood and horror. The skyscrapers no longer had lights and business men attached to them. Only signs of decay and desolate past times. The street cleaner hadn't visited for a while as intestines spreaded out on the kerbs with blood seeping in the drains.

The shuffling bodies were heading northeast. In the direction of Ohio. Something had caught their attention and that's were they all began heading.

The figure watched the undead and sighed. They had been alone for a long time. But they managed to survive, jumping rooftops with a climbing pickaxe to help pull them up.

They had been doing this for a long time. 11 years to be exact. A mask pulled over their face to hide their identity and to keep the spores from the rotting bodies reaching her lungs.

The figure was considering turning around, away from the herd. They had finally decided to head to Wellington.

The figure pulled down their hood and sighed. Trying to think of a plan. Do they follow the herd and risk their life to get to a safe haven that might not even exist? Or do they turn around and head back south?

She decided to follow the crowd. Something she would never usually do. Resting her head on a pillow she had found took the pickaxe off of her back.

"Goodnight Hilda"

*********

First chapter is released tomorrow. Love you all so I thought I would release a prologue. I hope everyone knows what that is hahaha