thirty nine

+

+

"Nara-San." I handed the neatly bound white scroll over to the very, very tired man sitting behind the Hokages desk. The scar over his face was extremely prominent, and his spiky hair tied into a ponytail even seemed to droop with the prominent exhaustion on his features.

Apparently Shikamaru's Tou-san was Jonin commander... so that meant he took the position of acting Hokage until someone showed up to take the spot? I dunno. The whole process was sorta confusing. Wasn't my village though, so really it wasn't any of my business. Ryuu said Shikaku took his job pretty seriously, even if he seemed to lull to his jobs similarly to Shikamaru.

He unrolled the scroll and scanned over it's contents,  before letting out a deep sigh and bounding it again. Setting it on his desk, he hummed in acknowledgment to us. "I'll have a report written up within the next week at the earliest."

Shikaku nodded his head at Ryuu. "I would try too see Shikamaru sometime soon. I know he has a hard time showing it, but you made a good impression on my son. He doesn't make friends easily."

Ryuu flashed him a grin. "Of course, Nara-San! I have a bit of experience dealing with people who don't make friends that easily. I'm an expert!"

I knocked him in the back of the head with an open palm, knowing fully well he was taking a jab at me. He cried out, grabbing the back of his head. Pushing his bottom lip out into a pout, he sniffed, whimpering at me. "Kohana! That hurt!"

Ignoring him, I bent down into a respectful bow, facing Shikaku. "We'll be on our way now."

I turned and walked out the door, leaving Ryuu behind. Not that was I worried about losing him. He could find me in .5 seconds thanks to those heightened senses of his. Kind of creepy to be honest. I wasn't very good at masking my chakra either... so I don't think there was an instance where I could hide from him.

I leaned my head back and folded my hands behind my head, trailing down the dirt path from the Hokages tower. Ryuu and I already dropped off our packs and such at the hotel we'd be staying at, so I didn't have any extra luggage slowing me down. I changed too, wearing those black shorts I wore a majority of the time I was here not even a month ago, along with that long sleeve, yellow crop top underneath my white flack jacket.

I looked pretty fly, honestly.

"So, whatchu wanna do first?" Ryuu pipped up, disturbing the peaceful silence I was attempting to enjoy. He bounced beside me, an extra pep in his step. I was half expecting him to bounce too high into the air and disappear.

"Don't really care. I was hoping to see Naruto or somethin, but I don't really feel like looking for the guy right now..." I eyed Ryuu. "You got somethin' in mind?"