At the pet auction

"Bring it over here. I want to see it under the light".

The pet shop owner complied, all smiles and reverences. "It's one of the most exquisite specimens we have ever acquired", he said as he tugged harshly at the pet's collar to make it step forward. The pet's naked body tensed up as it resisted the pull. "A diamond in the rough, one might say" he tried to keep the banter going as he struggled. "It hasn't been handled by humans yet but if Your Highness gives me a week I can leave her nice and docile for you", he tried to keep the banter going as he struggled.

"Not her. It." The Master corrected, coldly. He despised it  when people referred to pets with human pronouns. The Master's Butler was quick to explain: "His Highness would prefer it if you use the proper pronouns with these creatures. After all, they might look like us, walk like us, their women may even get wet like our women and may carry our seed and produce offspring that looks like us... But they are not people. It would be dangerous to start treating them as such." He said these last words with repulsion. Some people were starting to refer to animals from the blue continent as human, as if their skin wasn't an unnatural color, as if they weren't animals.

The pet trader, an obese man in his fifties, with a long greasy beard and yellow teeth, smiled and agreed "of course Sir, pardon my impoliteness. After months on the ship a man's mind starts to forget common sense. I just arrived with this fresh cargo of pets yesterday. I have been away from civilization for too long and have forgotten proper manners". As he spoke, he was struggling to get the pet to take a few steps forward. The pet stared with eyes wide open, in a quietly terrified expression, its back stiff, its neck tensely pressing back on the chain that encircled it.

A violent tug and it stumbled forward into the light, its big, round breasts bobbing from the sudden motion.

The Butler's mouth hung open. It was indeed the most sublime specimen the Master had ever seen.

** I haven't gotten any feedback since I began to write here. Please comment what you like or don't like **