New Year Party

A/N: So, like, I suck at this and this is my first thing in English so there might be some wrong stuff.

T/W: Panic attack

It's New year! Time to pretend we're happy because the years are passing even though everyone is afraid to die!... Or at least that's how Jared seen it. I know, I know, it sounds kinda morbid, yes. But that because it is morbid.

He had thousands of reasons to dislike the New year, and there was going to be another one pretty soon. His mother had invited the Hansen fucking Family to his uncle's camping house, (it's basically a super expensive house with too many windows in the middle of the forest) that they usually used for occasions like these.

Y'know, it's not like he hated them. He totally didn't. He didn't had anything against Heidi. What actually worried him was Evan... They hadn't shared a word since the fight, not to mention how both of them had isolated themselves from the rest of the school since the end of the whole Connor Project shit.

And now... Well, now he was coming to his uncle's camping house, and that was making Jared's stomach twist everytime someone pressed the doorbell.

How the fuck am I supposed to do this?

It was around 9pm when they arrived. Jared was playing Mario kart at his Nintendo Switch, sitting on the steps when he heard the doorbell.

Shit.

He knew it was them. Everyone else has arrived, so yeah. It was definitely them.

"JARED" his mother screamed from the kitchen "CAN YOU OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME? IM KINDA BUSY RIGHT NOW"

That only made his situation worse.

"YEAH SURE" he screamed back.

He got up, placing the Switch on the sofa as he passed through it.

You know that feeling you get just before the rollercoaster drops? That's exactly how Jared felt. His hands were clammy and slightly shaky. He hated confrontations like these.

Thanks Mom...

The only thing that was keeping him from fainting was the fact that Evan couldn't be any better that him. He was probably begging his mom to come back to the car and just go home already.

Soon enough, Jared was at the door. He placed his hand at the door knob and turned it slowly, taking a deep breath as he did so.

There was them.

But... There's someone else?

He could see Heidi, she was holding a tray with some sort of fancy food inside of it, smiling slightly.

There was a man by her side. Dark blond hair, blue eyes, tall and strong.

Probably her Boyfriend..?

And behind Heidi, there he was, Evan Hansen. He couldn't see him very well since he was behind his mother, but he was there.

"Good evening! Uh.. You.. You guys can come in" he moved to the side so they could enter the house. The first one was Heidi, who gave him a kiss on the cheek, he told her his mother was in the kitchen and that she could put the food there.

The next one was the man. He greeted Jared with a hand shake, the man had a strong grip, which hurt Jared's hands a bit.

And then, Evan... He didn't say a word, they didn't even made eye contact, he just passed through him and didn't say anything.

It's not like Jared was expecting him to say something. He wasn't. Was he?

He shakes his head slightly, trying to figure his way out of his thoughts and following the rest of them.