THIRTY-TWO

Aurelia took a sip of water, smiling as she spoke with Nora. Matt wasn't too happy about her choice to invite two other Heretics, but she thought otherwise. "So, when are you due?"

"I think it was April 1st." She answered. "I hope these two aren't jokers like Fred and George were." She mumbled, making Nora look at her in confusion. "Right, you haven't read 'Harry Potter' yet." She said. "I have the books. You like reading, don't you?"

"Of course, yes." Nora answered. "Would you be fine with letting me borrow them?" Aurelia smiled, nodding.

An arm on her shoulder made her jump, before Nora looked behind her.

"Stefan, I didn't realize you were coming." She said, making the blonde let out a breath of relief.

"Stefan." She said, turning around to face her boyfriend. "Hey, you actually came."

"Hey, I need to talk to you." Aurelia nodded, before looking at Nora.

"I'll be off, and look for Bonnie." She assured. "I'll take that for you." She took the empty glass of water, and Aurelia smiled, before walking out of the dorm hall with Stefan.

"Yeah, what happened?" She asked. Stefan looked around, frantic and panicking.

"W-Why didn't you answer your phone?" He asked. Aurelia frowned, noticing the overwhelmed expression.

"Sorry, it shut because of low battery." She apologized. "Are you okay, Stefan?" She asked in concern, placing an arm on his shoulder.

"Has Damon been here?" He asked hurriedly. She shook her head.

"No, he hasn't." She replied. "I thought he was...with you."

"I don't know where he is." He said in panic. "I thought he was with me, and then he wasn't... and then—" Aurelia held his arms.

"Stefan, you're shaking." She remarked in more concern. "You need to calm down first. Keep a cool mind, alright?" He closed his eyes. "Take a deep breath." He obliged, and she took his hand, brushing her thumb over his knuckles. "Now, tell me what's happening."

"It's happening again, the hallucinations." He said, making her knit her eyebrows together. "Look, I was talking to Damon, and I thought he was there, but he left, and I don't know when."

!

"I need to go find Damon." Stefan said hurriedly as Aurelia closed the door of her dorm door. She turned to face him.

"No." She said. He looked at her in surprise. "We're going to focus on you first."

"How are you going to take care of me, Aurelia? My soul was literally trapped in a rock." He said in irritation.

"Yes, it was. From what I know, the stone puts you through tests, and you need to pass them in order to earn your freedom." She said. "So, what did you do to earn yours?"

"You pulled me out with the spell." He said, not wanting to disclose information. She rolled her eyes.

"Stefan, you need to tell me what exactly happened in that damn stone!" She exclaimed. "You were put through Hell, and you did something that you're not willing to talk about! I would respect your privacy in some cases, but not now. You're going to tell me what you did." She said, frustrated.

Once his eyes finally met hers, her own softened. "I can't—"

"Yes, you can." She said in a softer tone. "Stefan hiding will only make it worse. You can't do that. It'll only bring you pain and misery. We'll get through it if you address the problem at hand, okay?" He closed his eyes. "Stefan, please, just tell me. If you're afraid I'll hate you for it, then don't be. Nothing could make me hate you." She said, placing her hands on either side of his neck. "God, seeing you like this eats away at me. I want to help you." She muttered, looking up into his eyes.