⋆Twenty-Three⋆

"𝕄𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔽𝕚𝕟𝕟"

...

Millie sits at the table, slowly sipping her water in attempts of reducing her yet to quit pounding migraine. She watches Sadie and Finn walk into the cafeteria, after an excruciatingly long twenty minutes.

She couldn't help but wonder what the two who have the least in common, have to discuss so urgently. Millie tried to distract her wandering mind by listening in to Noah and Caleb's conversation and from time to time chatting with Lilia. However,  it was no use.

She could help to peer through the door windows and out to the redhead who seemed very troubled by what she was being told.

-

Finn approaches the table with Sadie close by. Both agreeing on keeping the information shared confidential, especially to Millie.

Millie's brows furrowed as the two secretive individuals sit down at the table again, Sadie sitting next to her and Finn near Caleb, knowing Millie doesn't want him near her right now.

What the hell is going on?

"Youre back!" Noah states satirically, as he claps his hands together in the air.

Millie watches as Sadies smile grows tight, nodding in response.

"You trying to steal my girl Wolfhard?"  Caleb chuckles sarcastically.

Sadie rolls her eyes at the foolish boy and the friends at the table laugh. Well, everyone except two people.

Millie and Finn.

The two sit uncomfortably next to the chuckling pupils. Both unknowingly affected by the allegation.

As the laughing quiets down, Millie takes the chance to confront her best friend with her queries.  

"So, what was so important that you guys needed to talk about?" Millie whispers.

Sadie knows telling Millie, especially at this moment in time, is not an option. She inhales deeply, scrambling to come up with something to say.

However, she is saved from blatantly lying to her friend who can always depict her untruths, by a familiar face walking towards their table.

Ashley, her camp counsellor, stops infront of them.

"Good morning, Ashley" Lilia chirps sweetly.

Ashely nods, wearing a faux smile, Sadie seeing that she isnt in a real state of glee.

"Hello, everyone." The brunette in khaki-colored clothing starts. "Today will be a little different."

"Everyone who was in Romeos group will be with my group and me."

"Whys that?" Millie questions curiously.

Sadie holds her breath next to Millie, which she picks up.

"There was a..." Ashley starts looking down at her clipboard. "A family emergency."