fourty

+

+

I huffed, getting more and more annoyed by the second as I raced to catch up to the adolescent Uchiha in front of me. If I called out to him to slow down, I had no doubt in my mind he'd give me a response not too far off from 'fuck off' and then proceed to go even faster. So instead of chasing behind him, I willed my chakra and body flickered beside him, just in time for us to race out of the village gates.

"Where are you even going to look for Naruto first?" I asked, casting a glance at Sasuke, before looking ahead again, keeping my eyes peeled for a tall, dark haired male, or a loud blond boy in an orange jumpsuit.

Sasuke's face was set hard as he glared ahead. "I talked to the owner of the ramen stand the idiot always goes to. He said Naruto's traveling with an older white haired man named Jiraiya."

I blinked, mouth falling open. "As in the Sannin? The Toad Sage?"

Sasuke nodded.

"No fucking way..." I murmured, resisting the urge to pinch myself.

We came upon a small village, much like the one Ryuu and I stayed at in the land of hot water. It was small and mostly had civilians walking around, minding their business. It was funny when you thought about it. They had no idea a fucking S-rank shinobi who slaughtered his entire clan was probably walking amongst them. Gave me the creeps, really.

I pointed to a tan building at the end of the street. "There's an inn. We should check that out."

Sasuke nodded his head and gave a small grunt as his reply. He took off down the dirt path, sliding in between civilians the best he could. I was beginning to lose him in the crowd, his dark hair and black clothing disappearing within the sea of multicolored civilian clothes. I grit my teeth once he finally vanished from my sight.

Fuck!

Sasuke was going to run straight to Itachi and attempt to fucking kill him. Only, it would most likely be the other way around. Sasuke was strong, there was no doubt about that. But he was not stronger than Uchiha fucking Itachi. No fucking way he was.

Everyone knew about the famed Uchiha clans slaughtering by the hands of Uchiha Itachi, a fourteen year old boy at the time. Leaving no survivors but his little brother. He killed everyone. Children, elderly.... his own parents. I understood the undeniable hatred Sasuke would feel for such a person. But he needed to use his head. If he were to go against the man who could destroy one of the strongest clans alive, there was no way he would win. At least, not now. Not at his current strength.

Sasuke didn't tell me much about his brother, or his desires for the future. But it didn't take a genius to guess he wanted to revenge for his clan. Any sane person would want to take revenge. I could only imagine that was what he had in mind for today. Not just to get Naruto out of harms way, but to kill the man who took everything from him.