Chapter 1

[Karla's POV]

I kept walking down the street with my black hoodie on. I've always been alone with no one by my side. My life's been shit. My Hispanic dad abuses me. He comes home everyday drunk, either because he has "work" issues or he went to a casino. My dad killed my mom one night when she came home.

I've escaped from my house once again. I don't know if you would even call it that anymore. Home. It's the literal definition of hell.

When I was walking, I saw a weird shadow. It looked like a human. Oh my god. That's my dad. Once he saw me, he ran to me. I turned around and started to run. I was about to turn around the corner when I felt someone put their hand over my mouth and pull me into a backyard of a house.

Ethan Dolan. He was the typical bad boy of high school. The popular dude with all the attention. The one who had girls drooling all over him. He looked...different. He was wearing a black hoodie with ripped jeans. He looked really high. "What the fuck, Ethan?! Why would you do that?!"

"Why are you running through this neighborhood, princess? You shouldn't be around here." He said as he let go of me. "I live around here you douche! Jesus fucking Christ Ethan!"

"Whatever Karlie. Just leave." He says walking away from me. "It's Karla, for your information!" I sigh and look around the street to see if my father is still there.

Once the coast is clear, I start walking again, but back to the hell hole. When I get to the porch of my house, I slowly open the door revealing a drunk father on the floor.

Broken beer bottles all over the floor. I'm not picking this shit up, this isn't my mess. I start walking up the stairs and open my bedroom door.

I go to the bathroom to look in the mirror. I look like shit. I go back to the bathroom to pick up the mess I left in the morning. "Karla, you bitch! Come and clean up this mess right now!!"

"I'm not cleaning that shit up for you! I'm not your fucking maid, clean it up by yourself!!" I yell back as I pick up some clothes left on the floor.

"What did you just say?! What did you just fucking say?!! You little piece of shit." He kicks the door open and rushes over to me to grab me by my chin. "ANSWER ME!!"

"N-nothing! I just said that I won't clean that shit up for you!!" He grabs a cup from my nightstand and throws it to me. I start bleeding on my forehead. "Cuando termines de ser una perra estupida, ¡vas a limpiar todo esto! ¿¡Entendido?!" ("Once you're done being a little bitch, you can clean up your fucking mess!!")

Once he leaves the room, I start crying on the floor. My arms wrapped around my legs. "Why me?" I whisper to myself as I get up from the floor.

I go to the bathroom and get my pocket knife. I start to cut myself on my wrist. It hurts like a bitch but the pain washes away. I've been cutting myself since my mom died. I've been living with pain my whole life.

I turn on the faucet and wash the blood from my wrist. I turn it off once it's down the drain and leave the bathroom. I get my black hoodie again and sneak out the window. I land on my feet and start walking wherever I can be as far away from "home".

When I look up, I see the Dolan Twins. They both are in black hoodie and black ripped jeans. They look super high, especially Ethan. They turn around to face me and I quickly turn around and keep walking.

"Bro, who the fuck was that?!" Grayson says. I quickly turn around and see them both jogging towards me. Shit. They're gonna hurt me.

One of them grabbed my arm and pushed me against the brick wall. "What were you doing following us?!" Ethan says as he breathes on my face. He smells like alcohol. "I-I wasn't following you. Calm down!"

He let go of me and said, "If you follow us, or tell anyone this happened, you will pay. Do you understand?!" I nodded quickly and put my hoodie over my head again. They walked away and I sighed. Tears started to form in my eyes.

Why was I scared of them? Why does this have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?

I thought to myself over and over again. But what really catched my eye, was how they looked. They both looked very different, in a bad way. They didn't look happy...they looked hurt. They dressed all black and they had dry tears down their cheeks.

I kept thinking and trying to figure out why they were looking all depressed until I fell on my ass. I tripped over two rocks yet didn't injure myself badly.

I stand up again and walk towards Brianna's house. Brianna has been my best friend since the 1st grade. She doesn't know what I go through. When I look like shit, I have to make up excuses on why I look the way I do. If I tell her, I might lose her and I don't want that. Brianna lives with her Mexican mom only. Her mother has always treated me like her own daughter. Brianna is the only child so we're basically sisters. She's pretty wealthy since her mom works for the petroleum industry.

I ring the doorbell and wait for someone to open the door. In less than fifteen seconds, the door is opened by Brianna. "Oh my god, Karla! You look like shi-"

"Dude I know. I fell on my way here." I interrupt her by pointing on my forehead and my ass. I wasn't lying when I said I fell, I just didn't tell her the whole story. "¡Mamá! ¡Llegó Karla así que vamos a estar en mi cuarto!" ("Mom! Karla is here so we're gonna be in my room!")

"¡Okay! ¡Ahorita la voy a saludar!" ("Okay! I'll say hi to her later!") We both jog up to her room. She opens the door and closes it behind her once we're inside.

"So, are you okay? You have blood all over your forehead. Did you hurt yourself that bad?" She says as she sits on the bed.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My dumbass just tripped on a few rocks. Also, I wanted to ask if I could sleepover...if that's fine with you-"

"Bro, you're welcome anytime!" She interrupts me as she gets up from her bed. "Get yourself cleaned first so that you can stay fresh." She goes to her closet to get some clothes for me.

I thank her when she hands me the clothes. I go to the bathroom and lock the door behind me so I can take off my clothes. I turn on the shower and get in.

***

I exit the bathroom and grab my dirty clothes. "Bri, where do I put these?" I ask her as I close the bathroom door. "Just put them in the hamper. I'll wash them and give them to you tomorrow. By the way, my mom said that dinner's ready so we need to go downstairs."

I nod and put the close where she told me. We both walk downstairs and go to the kitchen. "¡Hola mija! ¿Como has estado?" She says as she rushes over to me. ("Hi sweetie! How have you been?")

"Bien, ¿y usted?" ("Good, and you?") We start to make conversation while we start to eat. "Cuando termines, pon tu plato en el sink porfavor." ("When you're done, put your plate in the sink please.")

I nod as I stand up and head over to the sink. I put my plate away and walk back to the table. "Mom, ¿podemos ir a mi cuarto?" ("Mom, can we go to my room?")

She nods and I thank her for dinner. We go upstairs to Brianna's room. "Well I'm pretty tired, bro. Can we go to bed?" I ask as I get under the sheets. "Yeah. Don't worry, I'm tired too."

"Well..good night. I love you." "Love you too." And with that, she turns off her lamp and we both go to bed.

***

A/N
Hi, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There might be spelling errors...so my apologies. This story is based on a real story. One of my best friends went through this :/
Anyways, yeah um I've never written a book so this sucks. Thank you for reading!