PROLOGUE

The courtyard of beacon was demolished, rubble lying all around. Robot parts could be found any where you looked. A grimm twitched in the corner, a spear sticking it to the ground.

A man stood in the courtyard, bleeding from his side and mouth.

His arm was broken, the angle all wrong. But he didn't notice. 

All he could see was his friends, his teammates. They lay on the ground, bloodied and torn.

Dead.

Gone. They wouldn't be coming back.

For the first time, his eyes watered and his lip trembled. Tears flowed as he fell to his knees.

His head sunk and his body shook from the force of his emotions. 

He yelled,  raising his fist and slammed it into the ground, creating a spiderweb of cracks.

He didn't save them.

He promised he would, but he failed. They had left him, just like every one else he loved. 

Taken, by the grimm. 

He looked up as the pain in his heart turned to rage. Rage and despair.

He couldn't have anyone. Everyone around him died. The only way he could protect anyone, was to destroy anything that could harm them. The darkness in his heart surged and broke free from the fence he had erected.

He would crush the grimm, if it took an entire lifetime.

He stood as a roar tore from his throat. His right arm twisted and twitched, as his right eye filled with black, the pupil turning red. 

The black spread from his eye and slid down his arm, screaming the whole time. A scream filled with pain, loss, so much it hurt to hear it. 

His arm snapped back into shape, his scream never pausing. Rye black spread over his entire body, changing it. Reshaping bones, violently. Snapping them and bending them into place, tearing muscles and laying them over the bones which were already healing. 

When his scream ended, he was remade. A grimm. A werewolf. He yelled to the sky, his cry a unnatural mix of man and monster, sending as much of his pain and suffering as possible.

Grimm all across the city paused, shifting their heads towards beacon. Most of them ignored it, but some started running towards the school, attracted to the negative emotion flooding from the courtyard.

The first few grimm arrived and could hardly react before they were torn to pieces.

He leaped and sprung from beats to beast, years of training and practice forgotten in one moment. He wildly tore and slashed at them with carnel savagery, roaring the whole time, his pain over flowing and pulling in even more grimm.

Hours later, he stood in a clearing in the woods, soaked in blood, both his and grimm.

He panted. "More,...send more."

He stumbled to the side and looked towards the sky, anger the only thing keeping him going.

"MORE! SEND ME MORE! SEND EVERY DAMNED GRIMM IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! SEND THEM ALL!" 

He stumbled again, and fell to his knees. 

"C'mon, send them. I'm ready. I dont want to do this anymore." 

His vision fogged over and he fell forward. 

As everything went black he thought, "so, this is how it ends. Not bad." 

His final thoughts took him to his childhood, his life flashed before his eyes, but much more slowly then he thought it would. Almost as if he was leisurely reading a book.