Hunger Games: Prims Point of View with a twist

I woke up in my mothers bed. A sudden fear hit me, it was reaping day. There was a very small chance that my name would be pulled out but my sister Katniss I was worried about. I opened my eyes and saw Katniss was gone. She was probably in the forest with Gale.

When it was almost time for reaping, my mother pulled out a white skirt and blue blouse. I got changed, it looked beautiful. The only problem is the back kept untucking.
At that moment Katniss walked in with some food. I hugged her and handed her my goats cheese for my goat.
"Here, have this goats cheese its for good luck" I said giving her the cheese.
She smiled back and went into her room where her clothes were laid out. My mother braided Katniss' hair and she looked beautiful.
"You look beautiful" i said to her.
"So do you" she said tucking in the back of my shirt.

When we got to the reaping we listened to the same old speeches spoken by the mayor. Then Effie trinket,

"Happy hunger games!" She said, "and may the odds be in your favour"

I looked over at Kaniss who was with the other 16 year olds. She smiled at me and i smiled back.

"Okay girls first as always!" Effie said cheerfully.

I held my breath wishing it wasn't Katniss or I.

after a few seconds of silence she continued, "Primrose Everdeen"

My heart stopped. I struggled to breath. Tears filled my blue eyes as my whole body started to shake.
For a few minutes I stood there completely paralysed, I couldn't even move a muscle.

When I finally was able to move I looked forward where my eyes met Katniss', she looked just as worried as I was. She started running up to me.

"Prim! Prim!" She screamed.
The peace keepers came and pulled her back.

"Come on don't be shy" said Effie.

I slowly walked to the stage. Instead of clapping everyone pressed their three middle fingers against their lips and raised their arm in the air. Tears rolled down my eyes when I saw Katniss struggling against the peacekeepers to come to me.

"Okay now boys" said Effie pulling out a name of the big glass bowl. "Peeta Mellark."

I saw a boy with dirty blonde coloured hair and blue eyes approach the stage. He gave me a weak smile. But I was in too much shock to smile back.

Finally after the anthem the peacekeepers guided us through to a room. Still in shock I sat down on the couch.
A few minutes later my mum and Katniss entered.

"Katniss!" I screamed hugging her.

The tears built up in my eyes finally came out and my mum joined us.We stood there hugging and crying for a few minutes.

"Listen Prim, I have faith in you, try and stay alive" said Katniss.

"Look after Buttercup and my goat" I said to them as the peacekeepers came to collect them.

Soon after, Gale entered.

"Prim" he said hugging me.

His deep blue eyes met mine. He was like a brother to me.

"Good luck" he said staring in my eyes.

"Thanks, but I don't think luck will help. I'm only 12" I said as tears formed my eyes.

"Well I have this for you" he said pulling a gold pin out of his pocket. It was of a mocking jay. It was gorgeous.

"Thank you" I smiled placing the pin on my dress.

What was going to happen? I didn't even know how to use a bow. Katniss had always taught me how to hunt but it was no use.