(1) Karasuno High Volleyball Team

"Oh no...." Kaede whined, staring at his alarm clock. Even though he had set it for 6 am, he had hit the snooze out of habit, and was now running late for school.

Quickly tossing on his uniform and combing through his scarlet hair and brushing his teeth. He decided today he wouldn't eat breakfast due to the lack of time, and he wasn't about to run to class like a school girl with toast in her mouth.

His short stature of 155 cm (around 5'1) bounces across the pavement, thankfully he lived relatively close to the school. It was only a twenty minute walk away, but if he was running, it would only be about fifteen.

After running for about two minutes, he checked his watch and realized he wasn't going fast enough. At this rate he was going to miss the first bell.

"How could I let this happen...." He muttered to himself, before seeing a blur of orange pass him. It looked familiar, Kaede had surely this before. His honey colored orbs focused more.

That's when it clicked.

Fuse made a mad dash towards the the bicyclist, catching up with him and jogging along side him.

"H-Hey!" He shouted getting the ginger's attention. "I'm not sure if you remember me....but, um, I remember you....I'm Fuse Kaede, anyway it's Hinata-San right?"

Said male looked to Kaede with realization. "You're that Wing Spiker from Kitagawa!"

Kaede shook his head. "I'm actually a Defensive Specialist.......uh...do you go to Karasuno?"

"Y-Yeah?" Hinata answered hesitantly.

"Then may I ride with you? I-I just transferred yesterday.....and I'm already running late."

"Oh, um, sure!"

Fuse took a deep breath and hopped onto the back of Hinata's bike, hands wrapping slightly around the taller teen's body. He was about three inches taller than him.

"I'm surprised you remembered me from back then, I thought you were focused on Kageyama-San." Spoke the red-head quietly, into Shōyō's ear.

Hinata nodded in confirmation. "I th-think it was your height." He slightly stuttered, as the feeling of Kaede holding his torso was a new sensation in itself.

"M-My height?" Kaede inquired. "What about it is so memorable?"

"I've never met someone shorter than me before."

"Huh?" Fuse blanched for a second before giggling faintly. "Of course."

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Yelled Shōyō, offended.

The redhead continued to laugh. "You paid attention to my height....bu-but didn't remember my position."

Again Hinata became a stuttering mess. "Wha— Pft, tha-that— Ugh..." He hung his head in shame, to which Kaede patted his stomach.

He couldn't really move his hands away from Shōyō's waist to pat his shoulder, as they were still zooming to the school building. So Kaede settled for that.

"Calm down, I was just joking." The shorter of the two dismissed. "It's been a while...I don't blame you for forgetting."

***

As the boys arrived near the front gate, Kaede hopped off the bike and grinned.

"Thank you for the ride, Hinata-san I-I owe you one!"

The orange haired male shook his head. "You really don't have to."

Fuse's beam faded. "But you let me ride with you....at least tell me what you like to eat? I can treat you afterschool today....."