Upside Down

I hear a deep rumble coming from our ship, well I guess you can call it that. It's almost all the way filled with water but has technology to keep us hidden from the human world. It's not like we can't walk on land, but only few of us go out to live in human world. The last time someone did that was a few years ago. He was around my age. I think a year or two older. He was known as the trouble maker or the bastard son. His name was Jase..

Another rumble shakes the glorified submarine and knocks me off my tail hurdling me towards a door. I slam into it and see blood starting to fill the water around me ,but it's not just mine. My eyes go wide at the scene before me. The ship is tearing in half and everyone is starting to die. I swim towards a struggling person and help them out of the wreck.  I help her tail out of the metal starting to crush her . She thanks me and I go look for Simon. My long hair is surrounding the water around me and getting stuck in the parts of the ship that is flying around me. I see a shard of glass and grab it. I slice it across my hair trying to

He's my boyfriend but it's an arranged thing. I don't really like him much but he thinks the world of me so I try to love him. No matter how hard I try it's hard to try and love someone. Trust me. I've tried with my father and mother but I can never truly love them. You can't love something you've never had. Like you can't love love. It's impossible. Especially if it was never given to you.

The ship starts to flip and groan. I brace for impact as my side goes into the corner of a door. I fly into the main room and hit a table. I thrust my tail and try to start swimming away but something catches my eye. Simon is being crushed by the ship. I widen my eyes. Simon is all I had left. I need to help him! I thrust my tail and swim quickly over to him ignoring my injuries. They are minor.....I'm pretty sure anyways.

I go over to Simon's side and his entire tail is being crushed. I'm crying and trying to lift up the side of the ship and it flips once again. I'm thrown to what was the ceiling and slam my head. I fight for consciousness and trying to help Simon out. He says, " Leave me. I don't really like you but I'm not letting someone get killed. No matter how I despise them."

Remember when I said think the world of him. The world is a fiery ash to Simon. He's a nerd and a complete asshole. I don't really love him but everything else is gone and it was in my parents will to either find my soulmate or marry Simon. He pushes me out through a hole and the ship start sinking to the bottom of the ocean I scream and start swimming towards it but it is descending too fast. I've lost completely everything. My home. My life. And my stupid ass excuse of a boyfriend. I'm all alone.