Prologue (v 2.0)

He stood there a swichblade in his right hand pointing it at me. "give me your money" he said.

The jerk came out of nowhere while I was eating my lunch in the alley threatening me with his little toothpick.

"no" I replied with a sigh. Third time this month but this time I was prepared, albeit not how I would've liked.

He laughed and I found his confidence annoying. The chrome gauntlets I wore on my wrists would offer ample protection and the plasma jets concealed withen... I felt a big smile form behind my face mask. I have been looking for a chance to test those. My smile grew with the thought of testing my suit's maneuvering thrusters in a combat situation, and of course what mad scientist worth his salt could resist throwing a rocket-powered punch. Though I wish I had of finished building my plasma guns.

"If I have to tell you no one more time I'm" I paused for a moment as a giddy glee rushed though my veins "I'm going to have to get very creative". he must have heard the smile in my voice because he took a step back.

He looked like he was going to leave me alone. I couldn't help feeling a little disappointed oh well.

He smiled deciding he was going to call my bluff he took a few steps forward.

Aw crap

Time slowed as I got this dull pulsing ache in my head analyzing everything around. He was 10 maybe 15 paces away from the wall I was leaning on. I tap the button under my left wrist, the jets start there warm up, 5 seconds before they're ready.

I jump forward landing in a back stance with my left hand forward. 4 paces. He lunges at me with the knife. I block without thinking and backfist him in the nose. He staggers back, nose bloody. A yellow LED in the uper-right of my helmet fades to green, jets ready I clinch my fists and throw a, admittedly wild and slightly uncontrolled, jetpowered right hook that smashes into the left side of his face, cracking his cheekbone and knocking him out cold.

Oops I hadn't ment to break anything. So I searched through his pockets looking for a cell phone or something. Found his wallet easily enough. He must have had a slow day today because it only had about 10 bucks in it. I take the money and attach a note to it saying "For the kind and gracious paramedics who pick up my sorry ass :)" then I taped the note and the money to his forehead.

After searching a little more I find his cell phone and dial 911 telling them some sad tale about how my buddy had tried to rob a crazy guy and got his ass whooped. While the operator is still asking questions I throw the cell phone on top of him and dust my hands off.

Satisfied I turn around, prime my jetpack, and unfurl the wings. Like my bomber jacket and pants they're made of a jet black leather-ish material. And look awesome with the 7' folding skeletal frame I had built for them. After a few other indicators in my helmet fade to green I pick up the bag with the packages I am supposed to deliver and take off.