𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙥𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙩

You yawned and took a small sip from your teacup, leaning closer to your brother, Victor. The both of you were currently watching Leon's match against Raihan on his rotom phone, it was the latest model, you both were so immersed with the battle on-screen that you and he hadn't noticed when Hop had arrived. That is until your mother called to both of you. "Victor, [y/n]. Hop's here!" Both of you looked back to him and smiled. "Oi, Vic! [y/n]! Lee's arrived so hurry up and get ready. Oh, and bring your bags as well since he usually brings gifts with him. I'll be waiting outside!" He had exclaimed, running outside.

Victor and you exchanged quick glances and laughed. "Well, [y/n], you heard him. I got ready before because I actually remembered." He playfully teased, which emitted an eye-roll from you as you stood up to make your way to your room. Your mother smiled as you walked by. "How exciting! I wonder what kind of gifts he brought for you both."

You shrugged in response and slipped the bag she gifted to you on. Walking over to the mirror, you responded. "I'm not sure, mum. I can't believe we're going to actually meet him, though.." After adjusting your hat perfectly, you smiled and made your way to the door. "See you in a bit, mum!" Victor followed after you. "Wait for me, [nickname]!" You both met Hop outside. "Took you both long enough. We should hurry, though." You nodded and as your older brother opened his mouth to respond, you all were interrupted by a loud crash.

Hop and Victor walked over to investigate the sound with you trailing behind them, upon seeing a fluffy Wooloo, you all laughed, Hop placed his hands on his hips and playfully scolded the Wooloo. Wooloo simply stared up at the three of you in confusion and bleated in response. After the incident with the Wooloo, the three of you had made a stop at Hop's house under the impression that Leon would already be there. He was not, so the three of you made your way to Wedgehurst. Upon seeing the huge crowd, the three of you exchanged knowing glances, Hop told your brother and you that he would be right back. "Lee! Lee!" He called out to his older brother, Leon eventually saw him and took his hand, introducing Hop to the crowd. Shortly after, he made his way to the both of you and introduced himself, his gaze lingered on you for a bit longer, as he shook your hand. "Oh, and you must be [y/n]. It's nice to finally meet you! Hop talks about you a lot." This hadn't gone unnoticed by Victor, who cleared his throat "Yeah it's really great for us," and wrapped an arm protectively over you, pulling you away from Leon. "the both of us to meet you, as well." Hop, however, failed to notice the growing tension. "Lee, Vic, [nickname]! Let's have a race back to the house!" With that, he took off, Lee and his Charizard following soon after. You and Victor shared quick smiles and ran after both of them.

Once the four of you were all there, Leon announced that it was time for gifts. The gifts were revealed to be the three Galarian starters. "You and victor should choose first, it's only fair since I already have Wooloo!" With that your brother and you stepped forward, he gave you nudge. "You should pick before me, you're younger." You smiled and nodded, looking at all three of them. After a bit of thinking, you had decided on Scorbunny and named him Elio. Your brother picked Sobble, naming it Aku, which left Hop with Grookey. Since all three of you had picked a starter, you all decided to take turns battling. You beat Hop, he beat your brother, Vic defeated you. Leon congratulated the three of you.

"You all did great, having been able to experience defeat and victory. This was a good learning experience!" He then looked over to you, smiling. "[y/n], you were great. I look forward to battling you in the future.." You looked to the side, pink dusting your cheeks. "Oh, thank you. I l-look forward to that, a-as well." Your brother narrowed his eyes at Leon and made his way over. "I can't wait to battle you, because when I do, I'll win!" Hop had also noticed and frowned slightly, but quickly regained his composure. "Well, if we're already claiming rivals.. [y/n] is my rival, Lee. And s-so is Victor! Also, I'm going to be the next champion." He declared with a slight blush. Now, it was no secret that Hop had a crush on you. Your brother knew, so did your mothers, and so did Lee. You, of course, were oblivious. Leon smiled at the three of you. "This should be interesting. I cannot wait to see how you three grow as trainers, I certainly look forward to the outcome." The three of you looked to each other, smiling, as well.

The celebration of tonight continued with your brother and Hop playing around as the adults cooked. A small smile formed on your face as you watched both of them, you were so distracted, you hadn't noticed when Leon made his way over to you. It was only when he had sat beside you, that you looked over to him, startled. Relief quickly washed over you though, seeing it was only him. "You didn't want to join them?" He asked, to which you shook your head and meekly smiled. "No, not really. I actually wanted to spend a bit more time with Elio.." The small pokemon looked up to you, smiling at the mention of its name. Leon nodded. "Elio, huh? It's pretty fitting for him, he's adorable." You laughed petting him. "Well, I would surely hope so." Leon's eyes remained fixated on you. 'She's so cute... No, no. Her laugh is. Yes, her laugh.' Deep in thought, he hadn't noticed that he stayed staring at you. You looked up to him, opening your mouth to speak, only to immediately close it once your eyes met. Both of you immediately averted your eyes. "I, um... I think I should check on m-my brother." "Y-yeah, I'll see how the food is. Catch up with you later." With that, both of you made your way to your respective spots. What you both hadn't noticed was that you had an audience that witnessed that entire incident. Your brother was practically burning holes into the back of Leon's head.

Hop ran up to you, engulfing you within a bone-crushing hug, he could surely put a Bewear to shame. "H-Hop... Too tight." Hop immediately loosened his embrace. "Sorry about that, [y/n]! Though, um... Why didn't you join us sooner?" Almost, as if on cue, your Scorbunny cheered. "I just wanted to spend some more time with Elio.."

Victor sighed, breaking his concentrated glare. "Oh, and what about that whole thing with Le-" "Victor, Hop, [y/n], Leon! The food's ready, come get it while it's hot." Whatever your brother wanted to ask was immediately dropped at that moment and you all immediately gathered around the food. Soon enough, you both had to go home, your mother immediately crashed, exhausted.

Victor and you had decided to stay up a bit longer, you both talked for hours, you were excited. Your journey with him and Hop would begin tomorrow, so of course, it would be too hard to sleep, you eventually did though. As your brother pulled the blanket over you and your Scorbunny, the memories resurfaced. 'Didn't Leon know that Hop liked you? Hop told him, so why was he flirting with you?' Victor rolled his eyes, huffing out a he made his way to his bed. "No use in getting angry over it now, I'm definitely going to confront him about it when I see him again, though.." With that, he decided to sleep, snuggling up to his Sobble as he did so.

At Hop and Leon's

Leon replayed the events of the night within his head as he was getting comfortable. He couldn't forget your smile, your laugh. He was enamored with you... Leon shook his head, trying to dismiss the thoughts. "No, Leon. You can't! Your brother likes her, he liked her first. You didn't even know her until today." Guilt flooded his mind. He fully knew about his brother's feelings for you, yet he still shamelessly flirted with you. Leon had to stop this, but would he be able to? You were perfect for him, would he be able to hide his feelings the next time you saw each other? "I have to, I can't do that to Hop.."

Hop was on the way to his room when he heard his brother. It was painfully obvious, but he didn't think Lee would actually admit it. His stomach twisted and turned, he had a bad feeling about this. 'No, Lee wouldn't. Though, he was doing it earlier..' Hop bit his lip, trying not to let his thoughts get the best of him. He decided to sleep on it, he had a huge journey ahead, after all. Looking over to his Grookey, he smiled. "Yeah, everything's going to be just fine. There's no way he'd do it again."