The news.

Tommy sighed,  he had been hoping to find Micheal, polly's son who was cruelly ripped from her. But alas, it was proving much more difficult than expected. He had found micheals adopted mum, Mary only for her to inform him that the boy in question had ran away 3 years ago. Disappearing into the heart of London, with no trace of him spotted since.
He pulled out a smoke, swiftly lit it and leant back in his chair. He didnt know what to do. The door slammed open to reveal a fumming Polly. " Did you find him Tommy ?"  She all but demanded. He sighed, " I found his adopted mum." He paused. " But Michael ran away, Polly... no one knows where he is. " he watched her face fall, she wasnt happy and he didnt blame her. He had all but told her he had found Micheal, only for it to lead to disappointment. He knew she had never got over the loss of her children, both Micheal and Anna. He had found the girl, well found out about her death. She died of spring fever in Australia around a year ago, she had only been twenty... far too young. The blow had been devastating to Polly and now he was dishing out another one.
He glanced back up her, she had folded her hands over her chest and had cast her eyes out the window. " you find him Tommy, you find him and bring my boy home" she stated quietly but firmly, her eyes turning to lock into his own blue ones. He nodded his head. That was always the plan. But now it was slightly more difficult. Not that Tommy was new to difficult situations, no he was used to them, often they were a lot more deadly but that was common with his line of work. Being a Peakyblinder, and one of the best rising gangsters did not come without challenges. Polly stared at him for a moment more before turning on her heel and marching out the office. He heard the front door and guessed she was swiftly making her to the Garrison for a drink. Not that he blamed her. Since the war he knew perhaps he drank to much, but everyone was addicted to something that could take the pain away. Everyone had there own type of poison.
He stubbed his burnt out cigarette and pulled out another one. Placing it between his lips he inhaled deeply after lighting it. He would bring micheal home. Shelbys always stuck together. Nothing mattered more than blood.

.........................
An:

Putting this out there as a tester. To see if anyone interested in reading.
Please review and let me know :)
Thanks,
Carlie :)