Put Down

Midoriya Izuku was a simple child. He was quirkless, he wanted to be friends with people.

People picked on hin for being quirkless. His mom hated him for being quirkless, for being useless.

His best friend, Bakugou, had an awesome quirk. An explosion quirk. Perfect for being a hero.

No one cared his quirk was perfect. All they saw was a pathetic kid who was friends with a quirkless loser. Bakugou was made fun of relentlessly, with the explosive child always yelling back swears and profanities, saying that Midoriya was not useless. Saying that he believed that Midoriya could still be a hero while quirkless.

His parents didn't like Bakugou hanging around Midoriya once he was declared quirkless, but they were friends with Inko and didn't want to upset her, but they always showed their displeasure with Midoriya every time Bakugou was in the bathroom whenever he invited the green haired boy over.

Everyone called him Deku, an alternate reading of his name, meaning useless, weak.

Bakugou called him Deku, too, because he said it sounded like Dekiru, meaning "You can do it." He liked that interpretation.

Midoriya still had the hope he could be a hero, until the day he met All Might, who saved him from a sludge villain.

"I don't think you can be a hero when you're quirkless."

Those words hit hard.

Then later, the realisation that he was the reason why Bakugou was assaulted, why Yagi had ended up losing the villain in ghe first place.

Why Bakugou was in the hospital suffering from some sort of infection in his lungs.

"Go kill yourself." They all said. "You worthless Deku!"

"You're useless! You shouldn't even be alive!" Inko had hissed, striking him with the back of her palm.

"Don't listen to them." Bakugou had begged, pleaded, as he lay in the hospital when Midoriya came to give him his homework.

It was because of him, that Bakugou was in this state. It was because of him, that Bakugou was suffering. It was because of him, that Bakugou was being teased, bullied, made fun of.

It would be better if he was dead.

Midoriya stood on top of the school building, the wind carrassing his hair gently.

He looked down, five storeys beneath his feet, letting gravity take its hold as he leaned forward.

Midoriya Izuku, aged fourteen, was declared dead three days later.

------------------------

He had it rough, once his quirk manifested.

His father, a telekenisis quirk, allowing him to lift things with his mind. His mom, an echolocation quirk, allowing her to detect people easily.

One rescue hero, one battle hero.

He was born with a brainwashing quirk. A villain's quirk.

His parents were disappointed. How, did two heroes, end up having a child with a quirk that is unbecoming of a hero?

He was a failure to them. It didn't help that he was also clumsy as a child, bumping into things, tripping over carpets, dropping pencils on the ground. His insomnia made it worse, not letting him sleep at night and he was always tired in the day.

"You better not mess up, you and your villainous quirk."

His classmates weren't much better, calling him a villain, taking his stuff, blaming it on him. Shinsou never complain, took all the abuse, all the hate.

He wanted to be a hero. He wanted his parents to love him, like they did before he had gotten this villainous quirk.

He wanted to be accepted.

His body ached, from punches, his ears ringing from screeching. His body was littered with cuts, from knives to glass to broken plates. It went on, getting worse and worse. He was thrown against a wall for opening his mouth. His hand was stabbed for trying to defend himself.

Until one day, he snapped.

He packed his things, the bare essentials, some savings he had from over the years, and walked out the door, never to walk back in again.

His first hint of kindness was when he passed out in a park from malnutrition, injuries from his abuse, and assault from a drunkard. He had woken up in a strange room, and there was man, sitting on a chair, grey scarf around his neck, with eye bags that rivalled his own. He was scared, skittish, waking up the man by accident.

He learnt the man's name. He allowed the child with the villainous quirk stay, with warm meals, a soft bed, proper facilities to wash up and clean water, something he had been denied for years.

Until the man left during the day for work, and the entire building was set on fire.

Shinsou Hitoshi, aged fourteen, was rumoured to be dead.

------------------------

Monoma hated his quirk.

His quirk, his quirk, his god damned useless quirk.

That was all his family cared about, all they talked about.

His useless quirk. His quirk that relyed on others to work. His quirk that was dependent of other people.

"Useless." They said, "You can't amount to anything with a quirk like that. You can't depend on people, Neito. You can never depend on people."He couldn't understand it either. How did his quirk turn out like this?

His father, an analysis quirk. He always figured out how to do things, whether it be making items, fixing things, knowing anything, anyone from the inside out.

His mother? She was a doctor, her quirk only capable of taking a small piece of a person's DNA and using it to heal another part of their body.

He had gotten a weird mix of those two. His quirk could temporarily take in people's DNA, identify the quirk factor, and replicate it for a short period of time. The first him he used his quirk, was when he had accidentally copied Kendo's quirk, a childhood friend that he had known since birth.

They thought he had her quirk. Until he copied his teacher's quirk by accident, temporarily gaining the ability to make words form on paper in a variety of ink types and colours.

This went on.

Useless quirk. Weak quirk. Good for nothing quirk.

Monoma wanted to be a hero, still. His quirk was useful, he reasoned. He was unpredictable. He could keep recharging quirks. He could copy any quirk, use any quirk, and no one could tell what he would do.

His family couldn't stand him. Locked him in his room during family gatherings, denying his existence, pulled him out of school to be homeschool, embarrassed that their kid had such a useless quirk that was dependent on other people.

He still wanted to be a hero.

And they decided to end that thought. He wasn't wanted in this family. No one really remembered him, except for that orange haired girl who hasn't seen him since they were six. Just killing him, and no one would remember, no one would know. They could try again, but the existence of the child with the useless quirk had to be erased first.

Monoma caught wind of it, and promptly snuck out, running out of his house, afraid of the fate that would befall him should he stay.

Monoma Neito, age fourteen, was privately announced as deceased, his "remains" stuffed in a coffin and lowered into the pit in the ground.