One

Gloves:
Today's the day. Today is a really important day because today is Emperors birthday!!

It's been the talk of Inkopolis for about a week and everyone he knows and some randoms have been talking about what to get the king for his special day.

All the inklings and octolings have really took a liking in him lately every since the championship where he had to team up with Team Blue. He has also spent time in the plaza a lot more lately just talking and having fun with his team. Since then he's been nice and he also talks to 'Commoners' like us. He's been more open to other teams who aren't as high as him, which makes him pretty freaking fantastic for giving up his time and showing them tactics. That's why I stayed up all nights this week to figure something out to get him for his birthday.

Everyone he knows and some others keep talking about what they got for him or what they are going to get him. While theirs me, a green squid with not really enough money to get him a big fancy gift. I can barely support myself. So I can't really buy something huge. I wish I could he deserves something nice, big and shiny something fit for a king. I thought and thought what to get him and then two nights before his birthday I thought of something. Now this present isn't something I bought, No. It was a present I made him. I know, I know stupid right, really doubt he'll like it, But I kept my cool and decided to go with my made gift.

I walk into the Square where I see inklings and Octolings sitting at some table and some standing talking to others everything here just seems to glow with happiness, it made me happy.

I walk more into the square and then I see team blue sitting at a table having a meeting I think, but I walk over to them anyway.

"What's happing team blue"

"Gloves!" Goggles gets up and yanks down the green squids pants to greet him. Gloves disapproves of this and pulled his pants back up before giving Goggles a stare.

"Goggles, what the carb!!" Specs spoke in a loud tone

"It's fine, it's fine. Anyway you all know it's Emperor's birthday yeah?" Gloves said while taking a sit next to bobble.

"Yup! We all are going to his party Aloha set up for him!" Bobble spoke with that happy tone she always has and shows her signature smile.

"Cool! Did you all get him something?" Gloves said a little nervous to see what they got the King.

"Oh yup! It's at my place. But! I'll tell you anyway since you're not the birthday boy. It's a new Eminance cuff! The one he has now is wearing off a bit so me and bobble put our money together to buy him it." Headphones said with a smile.

"O-oh wow... that's really cool of you headphones and Bobble. Specs what did you get him?" Gloves asked the leader of team blue.

"Well I got him a new pair of shoes. Not his milky white ones he has now, but a new pair were he can just walk around in the plaza so his normal wear doesn't get ruined or dirty." Specs said with a confident smile as he crosses his arms.

"Hmm... alright Goggles what did you get him?"

"I got him a keychain!" He said with a smile.

{Well at least mine is some what better...}

"But~ not just some any keychain!" He started to speak again and pulled out what he got for the King.

"It's a keychain with his team's symbol on it!!" Goggles held it up in the air so everyone at the table can see the beauty of it. The light from the sun hit the keychain just right which made a glow in gold.

"Wow ~ that's really cool Goggles, he will love that!" Gloves said in a happy tone but really he was feeling more and more down about his gift.

"What about you Gloves?" Goggles asks while he put the keychain away in his pocket.

"Oh..um.. well it's at my house I'm still working on it..."

"Aww~ it's a home made gift that's really cute~" headphones said

"Thanks. Well Better be heading off. I don't want to be late for the party.." Gloves got up and left.

{Everyone's gift is Better than mine. Emperor will hate me after I give him the pathetic gift I made him...}