A Candle in the Distance

As I sit here in the dark, with just candlelight glowing in the distance; I read the page before me. I feel a sense of love attached to the words written on the page. Each word has a power of its own. He writes the words with such passion; I can feel how he feels. I read the letter he has written to me. The words have such purity I can feel them as written. "I love you" it makes my heart skip a beat. As I continue to read, the lovingly written words jump off the page. He has written with such purity; I can feel an instant connection. Love wrote those words, not just a human. It was love, something I had not felt in a long time. To feel loved without conviction is such an amazing feeling. He makes me feel fleeting, joyful, and childlike. Some would describe this as puppy love, but I believe that this is true love. Powerful enough to feel miles apart. To feel the rush of energy, instant gratification. I long for your taste and your smell. The more apart we are, the stronger I feel the love from you. I lay in bed thinking of you, overseas without your physical touch. I still smell your cologne on the sheets next to me, here in the dark with just a candle in the distance. I wrap myself in the blanket you were in just a night before. I long for your loving embrace, your strong arms around my frail body. I love the way you caress my long hair and the way you kiss my face. I miss every inch of your strong masculine body. Tears run down my face at the thought of you being so far away. But fighting for our country always came a strong second. The first and lucky spot in your life was always us. I remember you leaning down and telling me you wanted a family when you returned. I remember feeling elated like I just won the lottery. Words cannot express the happiness and love I felt for you at that moment, and still true to this day. Holding the letter in my hands next to my heart, feeling the love that connects us. Even miles apart, I still feel that strong connection. I feel grateful that his eyes are just for me. No one else, just me. He loves me, pure and simple. To that, how do you respond? Simple words cannot describe how I feel about him. Other than just... I love you. Just that... I love you. That is purely raw.... raw emotions right here. Now I sit in silence, in the dark with a candle in the distance.