Chapter One

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello! Thank you for deciding to read this fic. This is a very serious story and may be triggering for those who have issues with domestic violence. It takes place beginning in February, 2011, three months prior to Boyfriend's debut. I've decided to use photos to indicate shifts from one scene to another. I hope you enjoy the fic. Comments and votes are always appreciated.

CHAPTER ONE
It should have been a typical day. The members of Boyfriend were preparing to debut in a few months. Training had become especially intense and everyone was full of nerves and excitement. Hyunseong thought that nothing could distract him... Until he saw her.

The girl who walked into the building was beautiful. Her smile lit up her eyes as she politely bowed to him and asked, "Hello... Have you seen Jung Chan-woo?"

Hyunseong forgot how to speak for a moment as he looked into her eyes. "Yes. He's in the next room," Donghyun replied with a smile.

"Thank you!" She bowed again and hurried to the next room.

With an amused smile, Donghyun turned toward Hyunseong and asked, "Are you okay?"

"Yes... There was just something about that girl... I can't explain it," Hyunseong replied.

"Ooooh, does hyung have a crush?" Minwoo teased him as he came into the room and overheard that comment. "Who is she? Is she pretty? Is she single?" He grinned at Hyunseong.

"Shut up," Hyunseong said, rolling his eyes. The group's maknae was still young and often behaved like a pesky younger brother should. Still, Hyunseong had a lot of affection for the kid, even if sharing a room with him was odd. Donghyun and Hyunseong were the two oldest members of Boyfriend, so sharing a room with the youngest could be a bit awkward at times. Jeongmin shared the other room with the Jo twins, Youngmin and Kwangmin. That seemed to keep all three of them happy.

"We're here!" Youngmin said.

"What did we miss?" Kwangmin added.

"Hyunseong has a crush!" Minwoo declared.

"Damnit, Kid, I'm going to kill you," Hyunseong informed him.

"Ooooh, who's the lucky girl?" Kwangmin asked eagerly.

"There is no girl. There is no crush. Minwoo just needs to learn when to shut his mouth," Hyunseong insisted.

"You're blushing," Kwangmin pointed out.

"I am not."

"Leave him alone and focus on getting ready to train," Donghyun said firmly.

"Yes, hyung," the twins and Minwoo said in unison, walking away to go get changed.

"Thanks for that," Hyunseong said.

"No problem..." Donghyun said. "You were blushing, by the way." He smirked at him.

"I'm surrounded by jerks," Hyunseong mumbled as Donghyun laughed.

When the members of the maknae line returned, Donghyun paused. "Where's Jeongmin?" He asked.

"He probably got distracted by his reflection," Youngmin said with a laugh.

"Again," Kwangmin added.

"Well, he is very pretty," Minwoo chimed in.

"That boy, I swear..." Donghyun mumbled. "If he's late again, Jung Managernim will kill him." He looked at the others. "Come on. If we're late, he'll kill us, too."