Theon Greyjoy X Greenseer!Reader - Wolves

A/N - This chapter is based on the song 'Wolves' by Selena Gomez and Marshmello. I hope you all enjoy it.

You had known, from the day you were able to understand the concept of marriage, that you would marry Theon Greyjoy. No one had ever told you as much, in fact, when you had mentioned it to your mother she had been disgusted by the idea. The Greyjoys didn't have a good reputation and she wouldn't be letting her little girl go running off to marry one of them.

But your dreams had shown it to you. Him standing at a weirwood tree, smiling in your direction as you made your way down the aisle towards him. It wouldn't be a big ceremony. Neither of you would have your families there, but you would be happy and that was all that would matter to either of you.

It wasn't until you turned sixteen that your mother had attempted to marry you off to someone else. Some boy from the Riverlands, who you had no interest in ever meeting. 

"He would make you a good husband," she had told you one evening as she helped you brush the knots out of your hair. "And you'd have strong children with a claim to a house."

You remained quiet for a moment, looking at your reflection in the mirror. You didn't quite look like you had in your dreams. You were still skinny, waiting to take on the curves you remembered so fondly when you thought back on what you had seen. And though you had always been pretty, you had yet to lose the childish features that you were certain would give way to a much more mature appearance. No. You would still have a while until you became the woman who would marry Theon, and you would spend the entire time fighting off betrothals that your mother was so in support of.

"But I'm not supposed to marry him," you uttered, your eyes shifting from your reflection to watch your mother in the mirror. 

She rolled her eyes, releasing a deep sigh. "Again with this silly dream," she murmured, shaking her head as she locked eyes with you. "It's about time you started to grow up, Y/N."

Your brow furrowed as you considered her words. "If growing up means marrying some random Lord's son, then I don't want to do it," you started, watching as her expression tightened into something more stern.

"I won't hear any more of this ridiculous fantasy of yours. You'll marry the Ryger boy and you'll not mention that Greyjoy filth ever again. Am I understood?" 

There was a moment of silence as you stared at your mother, before you were giving a short nod. In all honesty, you knew you would break your promise the moment that you made it, but what else was there to do? You would lie to your mother and you would find a way to find Theon on your own, if that was what it took.

*Time Skip*

You had left your home a few days later, taking off into the night before anyone could notice you intent. Find Theon; tell him of your dream; marry the man you were destined to fall in love with. 

But the road was harsher than you had been expecting. Cold night after cold night left you tired and scared with no protection but yourself. It wasn't until you'd stumbled across the King's Road that you had realised that you would actually have a chance of finding the man you had been so obsessed with for all this time. 

You had reached Winterfell a week or so later, looking a little worse for wear. You'd not had a chance to wash properly since leaving home, and now you grew self-conscious. You were still yet to become the woman you had seen in your dreams, and you were certain that Theon would be disappointed in what he found when you turned up at the gates. 

So, as you reached Winterfell you hesitated, going instead to a small stream that ran along the outside of the city walls to bathe. The water was icy cold as you plunged into it, attempting to clean yourself to the best of your ability. You had just finished washing your hair when the sound of footsteps startled you, and you quickly span around to find yourself looking up at the man you had spent so long searching for.