•prologue•

°lowercase intended°

wish i did not fall for that brooklyn smile.
i keep on mumbling that repeatedly to myself until im succumbed back to his shadows. stop having inappropriate thoughts about your bestfriend's boyfriend for god's sake. give it a break, anna.

"here baby. on my lap."

that smile. yet again i am captivated within his poisonous piece of attention.

i bite my crimson stained lips, sway my hips to the sides and walk in accordance towards him. an obvious dirty puppet you could tell.

what is happening? who was i again?

my doubts were met with plausible answers by the sinister puppeteer himself. "you know what these strings mean?" i scanned my entire body to see i was a prisoner to him with strings of thread latched onto my frail body. i grasped my surroundings to see i was on some kind of stage. the empty hallroom consisted of endless rows of seats meant for the audience body.

do not crease your eyelids. i am as confused as you are.

i offered him my best clueless stare. because i really needed to know as to why my heart raced rapidly at this devilishly handsome stranger with the most peculiar attire ever. actually he was not really a stranger but rather someone i met at the brooklyn bridge through my bestfriend. well that is entirely a different story. he was her lover.

"you will die."

really?

by now i was sitting on his lap, very forbiddingly comfortable. he lifted my chin with his index finger so that those onyx orbs met with my hazel ones. i was panic-stricken and i clutched my chest in hopes that whatever that was happening to me will be over. nothing made sense.

"this isn't a dream, sweet annalisa." he kissed my lips ever so passionately and i felt myself responding to his toxic affection.

"this is wrong..." i said brusquely as i broke the contact. that was the first time i spoke since the time i was met with this lunatic. "you are-"

i could not complete myself as he whispered for the last time, his lips slightly brushing against the shell of my ear sending chills down my spine. "it will all happen."

...and then i woke up.