Best Friend

Joy's POV

Lately I've been distancing myself from Taehyung. We didn't fight but it's so hard being close to him knowing that I'm falling more deeply as time passes by.

I don't want to break our friendship so I have to at least distance myself while I still can. And while doing so, I meet another friend.

I don't have much friends since I'm contented having Taehyung by my side but now I realize how much better it would be if I have other friends to confide my struggles with.

Fortunately, few days ago I met this Sungjae guy. He actually saw me alone and him being friendly approached me first and he listened to my story.

To cut the story short we become so close.

Now I'm eating my lunch at the cafeteria with Sungjae. For I know Taehyung hates cafeteria so much so the possibility of him coming here is too small, close to impossible.

Sungjae and I are laughing so much because of his goofiness, that I didnt notice someone behind me.

"Sooyoung" that deep voice. I know for sure it's him.

"Tae?? What are you doing here?" did he really come here?

"Who's he?" Taehyung asked with a frown.

"I'm Sungjae, Sooyoungie's friend" Sungjae with a smile while offering his hand to Taehyung for a shake.

"Let's go." Taehyung grabbed my arm while ignoring Sungjae.

"But Tae, we're still eating. We're not finished yet" I tried to reason out. I just don't want to be alone with him now, because for sure my emotion would betray me.

"I said let's go" Taehyung angrily said while forcing me to go with him. To my surprise, Sungjae stand up to grab my other arm.

"Your hurting her man." this is the first time I saw Sungjae being serious.

"Mind your own business" then he pushed Sungjae harshly. I was so surprised to see this kind of side of Tae. He is indeed cold on the outside but because of the many years that we've been together I've discovered how kind, sweet and soft he actually is.

I was about to help Sungjae who looks shock of what Tae did, when Taehyung took the opportunity to drag me outside.

"Wait, Tae." but he isn't listening. He looks so annoyed right now and to be honest I'm lowkey scared seeing him like this.

He took me to one of the empty classroom.

"Tae, what was that?? Why did you push Sungjae?" I'm really annoyed with what he did there. He might not like Sungjae but he doesn't have to be rude and push the poor guy.

"Do you like him?? Do you care for him than me??" he look so serious that I couldn't help shaking.

"Is he the reason why you aren't answering my texts or calls. Is it because of him that you're ignoring me for how many days huh??" he continued saying and I can see his veins on his neck indicating his furious.

"I don't know what you are talking bout Tae. And what if I do like him? I'm old enough so I can do anything with my life" I'm trying to put up a brave face even though, I'm kinda afraid of Tae right now.

"No, you can't. You can't be with him! ! ! "

"What? Why can't I? He's single and I am too. And he is such a nice guy." it's possible to like Sungjae but I know it would take time knowing how much I love this man standing in front of me.

"I won't allow you. You belong to me to begin with. I saw you first. You are mine" and without further notice he captured my lips into a passionate kiss. I'm too stunned to even react with what his doing. Does that mean he likes me? Is he jealous? I was awaken in my trance when I felt his tongue seeking entrance. But before he could deepen the kiss I push him.

"What do you mean Tae?" I'm still confused with what he said.

"Don't you get it? I'm in love with you. I was about to confess but I didn't have the chance. I was also busy preparing school stuffs and what frustrates me more is you're not even replying."

"You do love me, really?"

"Of course, can't you see no other guy is approaching you since I threatened them. But that Sungjae really has the guts to be close to you. I just wanna punch him" it's happening. I'm not dreaming. My best friend is also in love with me.

"So would you allow this best friend of yours to be your official boyfriend?? Please? If you don't like me yet, I can always wait - - - -" before he could finish I kiss him and Tae didn't disappoint me when he kiss me back with the same intensity.

"I love you Tae and yes I would love my best friend to be my boyfriend"