Chapter 1

Quinn's POV

I curl up with my knees against my chest in his room. I can't stop crying. He isn't home yet, but I need him. I had to have his mom let me in before I ran up to his room. I slide a pair of his shorts on under my dress and curled up in the corner. My corner.

Jordan Albrite has been my next-door neighbor our entire life. He is my best friend. He has always been here when I need him. But he's not here right now.

I sit here crying and freaking out about what had just happened. I need my best friend.

After sitting here for a couple of hours I finally hear his bedroom door open. He drops his bag by the door and went right to me sitting down and pulling me up into his lap. "It's okay. I am here." He whispered as he pulled me up to his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair and rocks me. He has done this with me many times. Every breakdown. Every fight with my parents or friends. He was there to calm me down.

I look up at him through my tears and run my fingers over his jawline. I watch his grey eyes soften at my touch. I tuck my hand behind his neck and ran it through his blond hair. I knew he was extremely attractive and every girl at school was jealous of our friendship. Even if they didn't know he held me like this during breakdowns and panic attacks.

He watches me calm down still holding me tight to his chest. "what happened, Q?" He finally whispers.

"Jor I really don't want to talk about it right now," I whisper back. I move how I was sitting so I am now straddling his lap with my arms around his neck. I bury my face into the crook of his neck. He stands up carrying me to his bed and sits down still holding me. I take in his scent and I finally feel myself completely relax. He squeezes me tight against his chest.

"Jordan! What the hell are you doing?" I hear from the doorway of his bedroom. I slam my head into his shoulder before I climb off his lap. I fall onto his bed before looking up at her.

His girlfriend stands there with her bright blue eyes beaming into my soul. Her blonde hair pulled back in a high ponytail to go along with her cheerleading uniform. She places her hands on her hips and a wears full-on bitch face. I never freaking liked her.

He rolls his eyes and stands up grabbing her shoulders, "Caitilynn, you know damn well nothing was going on. You just want a reason to freak out at me."

He towers over her, he was almost 6'5", while she barely comes up to his shoulders. Caitlynn shakes him off her own shoulders, "Jordan, she was all over you. She always is. How am I supposed to be so sure that nothing ever happens between you guys?"

"Caitlynn, Oh my god! We have been together for 2 years. Why is this only a problem when the problem is relevant to you?" He looks down at me and sighs, "You cheated on me again, didn't you? You fucking told me it would NEVER happen again. That is why you're freaking out about Quinn. You need a reason to be mad at me to justify what you did."

He sits back on his bed and pulls me into his lap. He holds me tight as he tries to calm himself down. She is still standing in his doorway, almost in tears. I look away from her and buried my face into his chest. She was always so awful to him, I don't know what he saw in her. Every girl in school was so jealous of her, yet she was jealous of me because I am close to Jordan.

I hear her footsteps across the room as she walks towards us. She just about pushes me off of his lap. I know he has a hold of me but being the dramatic ass I am I fall onto the floor. I look up at him with tears in my eyes, it helped that I was crying before she got here. He stands up towering over her again, "Leave, right now."

"Jordan if I leave with her still here. We are over. We're done," She challenges him.

Jordan looks her right in the eyes and grumbles, "We were over the moment you slept with whoever the fuck it was this time. Now leave."