Chapter One

TAP, TAP, TAP. Melvin wraps his pillow around his head and turns over in disgust.
Tap, Tap, Tap. Again, the knocking in the wall persists. " Argh! What do you want!? " He sits up and glares angrily at the wall. It gets silent almost as if whatever is in the wall is thinking, or sad. Melvin isn't sure but he knows one thing is certain, He surely isn't getting rest with all this tapping!

Stepping into the library Melvin takes off the hood of his sweater, now... To find some books about spirits, ghosts, demons and anything else that might be useful in finding out what the tapping in his wall was. He had read many ghost stories and thrillers all of which could lead him to terrifying thoughts about the haunting in his walls, but all of these were just stories to scare teenage kids! What he needed was some real facts.

Holding about eighteen books in his hands he looks down. " this ought to be enough to find some kind of answer. " He walks towards the woman behind the desk and sets the books down, without even looking up from her phone the woman replies " That's too many " Melvin stands there a little confused, he had checked out over 40 books before and it was never a problem. She grunts in disgust. " I said that's too many I am not checking them out for you." A young man comes out of a room, " Go home Megahn " He sits down and starts checking out the books with the scanner. " My apologies Sir. " Melvin just smiles " No worries, thank you for checking them out, the titles probably would have scared the old lady anyway. " The librarian laughs and hands Melvin the books. " Due in two weeks! Have a nice day." Melvin waves and heads out of the library pulling back over his hood, Finally some progress.