22: First Date (FINISHED)

22. First Date

"Please kiss and tell. Come on, Kate, is Levi as good a kisser as you thought?"

I rolled my eyes at Dani's question as she drove us to school, the night before was a blur, per usual, filled with me, Dani and Martin sitting outside on the patio drinking a bottle of wine Dani had stolen from the kitchen while the rich gossiped and talked politics.

"Why should I tell you this?" I asked as she pulled into the school parking lot "I appreciate that you lent me a.. dress that Roman would kill me for wearing. But  I am not about to tell you about his kissing."

She pouted as we got out of the car, "Come on, Kate. You and Levi are finally taking that step. You are breaking your brother's rule," she said with a  happy clap of her hands and looked down at me "It is like ... a story."

I snorted, "What? One of those sappy love stories you read? I don't think so," I told her as we crossed the parking lot, I lifted my bag over my shoulder and shrugged "As much as Levi.. switches girls, I don't think it will last long."

Dani glared down at me, "Never think like that. Kate, when you two are in a room together I can see how he looks at you. He has wanted you for a while, don't deny it," she told me with a stomp of her foot as we stopped outside the school doors.

I raised an eyebrow "Drama alert" I sing-songed making her smile and rolled her eyes as we pushed open the school doors and walked in.

Honestly, I hope everything goes well with Levi tonight. I want it to be great. Besides, it's not like Roman will find out about one tiny date ...right?

School passed by in a daze, I was too excited about my date with Levi. It made me think about how tonight would go. Was it going to be like those romantic movies Dani makes me watch and everything be wonderful? Or was it going to be like ...Vic and Roman. A one-sided love that was on again off again.

The only true way to find out was to go through with it and hope for the best.

As school ended, me and Dani said goodbye and parted ways. I changed in the bathroom near the lockers and applied makeup at the sinks. Girls that passed me gave odd looks before going out the bathroom door.

I dug around my backpack and pulled my hair into a ponytail before applying black eyeliner and red eye shadow. The dress Dani let me - sorry, more like made me- borrow was a dark blue, it was long-sleeved and v-neck; it went past my knees since I was shorter than her height. She was right when she said it would look good on me.

It surprised me to find that I looked good; I dug around my backpack and my hand came in contact with a lipstick tube. I pulled it out to find I had packed the unopened pink lipstick that Dani had almost put on me when I had that date with Adam.

Looking into the mirror at my.. girlie reflection, I looked down at the lipstick and slowly opened it. I hesitated before applying it to my lips; I had rarely worn lipstick. It always made me feel weird, but as I looked into the mirror at myself I gave a smile.

Maybe I could get used to wearing it.

I zipped up my backpack and walked out of the bathroom. My ankle boots were the only thing that didn't look right with the dress, heels would have fit better but I can not walk in those.

I'd break a leg.

Carrying my backpack by the handle, I walked out the front school entrance and down the steps. Levi's Camaro was waiting for me, parked on the curb. I stood there for a minute and thought about what would happen when I went on this date.