A Quest's Payout

*Thud*

Obi felled another Treant, backing up in the process. His client, a rich businessman's son with the in-game name of x_slayerrr_x, had just been smacked into a tree by the main boss. It was a tall, lumbering beast of wood, only separated between Obi's client by a mere sapling. He was only a level 11 Sorcerer, there was no way his armor could withstand the weakest of hits, let alone a full-fledged special.

If the attack was executed, Obi's client would die and take a few hours to respawn. He would lose some income off of that. There was no way Obi would let that slide. He was a level 79 Tank, and there would be no way a puny Wood Golem could ruin his chances of a heavy payout.

Obi activated his [Shield Dash] Gem on his Shield. He was flung forward at an incredible speed, using his shield as a barrier and ramming straight into the Golem's flank. Obi knew his armor could take the hit and keep him relatively unhurt. The impact threw the Golem a few feet into the grass. 

[Golem Health: 70/120]

He turned to his client and glared.

"If you wanna fight, come help. If you can't, just stay there and watch."

His client just stared back at him, shaking. He was hopeless, hiding behind a sapling that barely gave him any cover.

As Obi talked, the Golem stood back up, and he heard a whoosh coming from the Golem. The Golem began to convert all its rage into a special form, which lasts briefly but enhances its strength and defense.

A golden shimmering aura surrounded the Golem, forming a golden skin on top of the already hardened bark. The Golem's eyes glowed a bright gold and power emanated from the beast.

The Golem stomped once, and before Obi knew what was going on, began charging at the two.

Obi knew he had to lure the beast away from his client. He held up his shield and started yelling. This made him take aggro, and the Golem narrowed its eyes upon him. As it charged, he rolled away and waited to see what it did next. It ran after him, gaining speed by the second.

Obi turned and sprinted, not very easy in his clunky armor, though not fast enough to outrun the Golem. He was going to have to face it sooner or later.

He had figured out its weakness. The Golem had a limp in its right foreleg which couldn't allow the right side's weight to be balanced. This meant that the Golem was overcompensating for it.

He could hear the crunch of the leaves as he took heavy steps, and also the pounding of the Golem's feet. Breathing in the fresh, pine-scented air, and the rich fragrance of the earth, Obi was invigorated and relaxed a bit. He kept running until he reached the edge of the clearing.

Obi turned to face the Golem as it bore down on him, and fast. There was a tinge of fear in his eyes, but he brushed it away. He knew he could easily defeat a low-level Boss!

Obi had formulated a plan in the few seconds it took the Golem to reach him.

The huge beast made a giant leap with claws extended, that was on point, or not on point. Obi had moved away at the last possible moment, making the Golem smash headfirst into a tree.

Obi smiled, as he readied his shield and sword.

He was surprised when the beast stood back up and shook its head, willing for more of a fight.

The Golem lunged at Obi just before he activated his [Golden Wall] ability. It allowed him to negate all damage done to him for 5 seconds.

The beautifully engraved shield started glowing golden as he activated the ability and doubled in size. The Golem threw itself at the shield, looking for any kind of purchase on the slippery enchanted shield.