chapter 1

The moment I get my coffee my phone rings, and I know exactly who it is. 

"David" I glee "I just got past security at JFK"

"Hey sweetheart" I can imagine the smile on David as he speaks on the phone "I want to check up and make sure you're ready for our new life" 

"Who would have thought" I teased "almost three years of skype calls and texting leading up this moment"

"I always knew you'd be mine" David huffs. A silence breaks into the phone before he speaks again and I brush it off. "I'm so excited. You'll love it in London. I got everything prepared for us as well. I'm planning to pick you up at Heathrow airport" 

It warms my heart thinking of how much planning this took for him. 

"Thank you David" I earnestly saying "I can't wait to see you" 

"I cant wait to see you too. Anyways now I have to go for a meeting, but I'll see you in the next few hours. Have a safe flight baby" 

"Bye see you soon!" I smile and close the phone. 

When I was 16 years old I had virtually no friends. I was lonely and my entire school seems to have alienated me. Which is why I started talking to strangers on twitter for some sort of comfort. I stumbled upon David on pure accident but fell in love with our conversations. For three years we've been talking almost everyday. Telling him about my day and my school. 

I knew I wanted to go to university outside of New York. however, I truly wouldn't have picked London for university. David convinced me that the education in England was unbeatable and that I would succeed at the many well-established London universities. 

Which is why when I convinced my parents to let me settle into London, I did not mention the main reason for going, David. It wasn't that it was needed though, I explained to David that I was to live in dorms and see him on the weekend like any normal relationship. Of course he was grim about it at first, but accepted it when I told him how uncomfortable I would be living in his house. 

To many the idea of going across the world to meet a stranger is crazy and I did too. I tried convincing David on many occasions to come to New York and to visit me while I was still in school. However, he always seemed to brush it off every-time I asked. I always realized it may be because he was a university student when we started talking and he didn't want to be seen with a 16 year old. However, the timing now is perfect. David graduated last year and started an internship at a law firm. Not only that, but I am 18 and officially legal. Not that I think we did anything illegal to begin with, we practically lived across the globe from each other.

I bite my lip to stop myself from squealing. The more I think about how close I am to seeing David in real life, the more I wanted to jump up and down like a school girl. It will be so perfect, everything from the past three years will lead up to this moment. 

"Flight Au187 from New York JFK to London heathrow boarding now" the electronic voice speaks out in the nearly filled cafe. I quickly take everything and start walking towards my gate. When I reach I stood in line but before I knew it the blonde air-hostess took my ticket and signalled me to board the flight. 

With a deep breath I look back at New York and everything I've every known. Including the parents I leave behind in my suburban neighborhood. Despite the sadness of the situation the thought of seeing David spread butterflies through my stomach. 

"Bye" I softly say. With a heavy heart I board the plane. 

David and a new life awaits.