Conflicts

"What are you talking about?" I stood near my hotel window in D.C., talking on a phone. "Oh lord have mercy." I muttered, talking to a close friend, Missy.

"When are ya comin' back to Maycomb? You're family sure misses ya. Jem 'n Scout wait outside on the porch for ya. Atticus had a mighty big case and he misses ya too."

"Of course he does, he's my husband, Missy." I chuckled, suddenly thinking about him. His eyes, his hair, his lips.

"Lucky you were to snag him, lil' miss Wood tried. Then she found out about your engagement, and stormed off in a tiffy." Miss Clarissa Wood used to be the southern belle and then she aged.

"Now hush, don't gossip!" I cajole her, smiling lightly as I sit on the hotel bed.

"It's all that's good to do. I'm mighty bored without you here."

"I'm coming back later today. Might be tomorrow though." I stand again, stretching out my arms. "How's my school running?"

"Good, Miss Caroline is teaching. She doesn't like your little girl much." I sigh, Scout was a tomboy (which was OK with me) and she LOVED to read (which she got from Atticus) and she was a bit of a rebel (from me!). Last I heard from Atticus, she fought Walter Cunningham Jr.

"Scout is just different than the rest. A bit more mature and MUCH more outdoorsy than the other girls. She's going to be fine, or my name isn't Addison Finch." she laughs, snorting extremely loudly. I chuckle, beginning to start packing.

"Alrighty, my younglings want my attention. See you soon!"

"See you!" I hung up, packing everything that was mine. I picked up the necklace I had, Atticus' picture in the opening and smiled. We had fell in love a while back, having been married for about four years. I placed the chain around my neck, adjusting it occasionally. I had another one with all three of my loved ones pictures. My husband, and my two children, Jem and Scout.

I was excited to go home, to go back to Maycomb, Alabama. To see my friends, Maudie, Missy, and Stephanie. It might be nice to see Charles too, oh wait, Dill. The child that hung out with my two crazies. I hugged my coat on over my blue dress, picking up my luggage.

I walked down to the reception, checking out and giving them my hotel key. I call a taxi, setting my stuff inside.

"Hello, miss. Where you wanna go?"

"Drop me off at the train station, sir." he nods, speeding off to take me there.

################################

The train station is bustling with loads of people trying to make it home before Valentine's Day. It was probably one of my favorite holidays, having to do with love. It might also be me and Atticus' anniversary.

"'Ey, watch where you're goin' lady!" I squeak, moving out of people's way. I walk to the desk and give them a ticket to board the train. I sit in an compartment, a couple other people entered the same train compartment.

"Hello, miss. Hope you don't mind if we sit wit' you. There's no where else." I smile, seeing the train start to leave.

"No problem, sirs. Where you gentlemen headed?"

"Maycomb. Our Pa lives there."

"Oh, well so do I! I live there with my husband and children." they smiled politely, looking to one another. "Who's your Pa? I might know him."

"Oh, we're Ewells." I gulp, knowing the reputation of the Ewells quite well.

"Oh, yes, I know your Pa. Robert, isn't it?" they nod.

"Who's your husband? We might know him."

"Atticus Finch." they slowly looked at one another, their smiles turning to glares.

"He's the one that defended the man that raped our sister, Mayella." I grip the seat hard, scared for my life. One of them stood, getting up in my face.

"I say that your husband is as guilty as the man he is defending. Therefore, revenge will ensue." I tremble, the other one stands, and grabs me. I am lifted to my feet as the other begins to touch me inappropriately.

"Help!" I scream, the one holding me cupping my mouth. I struggle, then I feel the other one forcing himself inside me. I cry out in pain, trying to get away.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It was over, I laid on the floor. I had passed once they were done, laying there.

"Miss, is there somewhere you need to be?"

"May--Maycomb." he smiles, giving me a hand to get me off the floor.

"We're here, ma'am." I nod, thanking him. I grabbed my stuff, finally noticing my necklace gone. My eyes grow watery as I walk the streets of Maycomb, my clothes torn and my pride snatched with a prized possession. I knock on the front door of my house, Calpurnia opening the door.

"Missus Finch? You're back! I'll call Mister Finch." I grip onto the side of the door, groaning.

"Cal, tell him to---hurry." she nods, growing frantic at my groans.

"Mister Finch, Missus Finch needs ya help! She's in pain!"

"What, what's wrong with Scout?"

"Not Scout, sir. The Missus Finch."

"I'm on my way, Cal. Tell Addison to hold on!" she hangs up, helping me to the chair.

"Cal, it hurts. Where's Atticus?" I feel myself crying, my tears spilling down myself.

"He's a-comin' Missus." I nod, looking at the door for him. Then the door slams open, and in comes Atticus.

"Doll." he runs over, taking me into his arms and kissing me.

"Atticus, I was---"

"You were what, honey? Doll? Addison?"

"I was raped. By two of the Ewell boys on the train." he grunts, then hugs me to him.

"Are you OK?"

"I---I was pregnant, Atticus. I don't think I am anymore." he gasps inaudibly, turning to Cal.

"Get Scout 'n Jem. Me and her are heading upstairs. Call a doctor too, Cal." she nods, bustling out the door.

"Atticus---I love you." black covered my vision and I passed out.