Introduction

Evan Hansen has been homeschooled for most of his life. His mother, Heidi, has been teaching him for those many years. His lessons have been less frequent and shorter than they used to, for Heidi can't afford to only go night shifts at work. Though, Evan wasn't pleased that his mother wasn't around much, he still read his books and did the work assigned. This went on for awhile. Yet, Heidi was going to surprise him at dinner, planning everything out.

...

"N-no! I can't.. I just.. what??" Evan was scrambling words, pacing in the kitchen.

"Evan, hun, this is great for you! You can socialize, make friends, learn more than what I have taught you!" Heidi was trying her hardest to make things easier.

"Well.. what if.. what I do t-the thing! In front of everyone! Then I would b-be like, experimented on and k-killed!"

"Evan, you're going to be fine! You haven't had those invisibility outbursts in so long! They're probably dormant now!"

"For now! What if they a-awaken! I don't want to be a f-freak! G-god, why couldn't I've been like you.. n-normal!"

"Honey, powers or not, you're normal. I promise. Now please, your going to have a tour tomorrow, give it a chance!" She took Evan's hands into hers, calming the boy.

Evan just wanted to end this conversation. "Fine mom.. I'll.. I'll try.."

"That's what I like to hear! Get your things ready! I've asked the school already and I got all the items you need this year!" She smiled, trying to relieve stress from her son.

"Thanks mom.. I'm.. I'm going t-to go to my room. G-get clothes ready, y'know?" He put on a fake smile.

"Perfect! I promise you Evan, you're gonna love it!"

Evan gave his mom a hug and walked upstairs. He closed his rooms door and silently sobbed, sitting on his bed. He'd learn to cry quietly, it's what he had to do when his parents fought in the night. Now, he's crying over nothing. He should be happy that he's going to a new school, actually make friends, and do things like a normal kid.
Yet, what if something went wrong? What if he had his "outburst" in the middle of class? He would be a freak, taken away probably. He was terrified of what could happen. Even if that didn't happen, who would want to be a friend with someone who's never had friends? Never been able to socialize outside of family? That alone would label him as a freak, wouldn't it?
Evan composed himself, wiping away his tears. He got up, chose a blue polo shirt and a pair of jeans. He put them to the side, sighing.

"This is going to be a shit show.." He murmured under his breath.

He changed and got into bed.

Tomorrow is going to be a good day, right?

===================================
Word Count: 489
The next parts will hopefully be longer!!
-Love
Emma :)