Prom

UNEDITED AND NOT PROOF READED 

-Richie's POV.

-Beverly's father is not abusive.

-The summer of 1989 was normal, no Pennywise.

-TW: None.

-Word Count: 4122

----

The music that flooded the sweaty gym felt like people dancing, when in reality nobody was around me. I stood against a wall with out mascot painted on the wall behind me, wearing uncomfortably scratchy clothes that I was forced to wear. My mother suggested that I come to this event with Beverly, of course I listened to her. I slowly start to regret it more as the night progresses, looking around at teenagers that were once scared of other teenagers that were our age. 

Now, being the graduating class of 1994, our little group has stuck together. It shifted slightly as other people wanted to join, realizing that some of us have found special interest in others. Stan had found a girl while bird-watching at a park one evening. Her name is Patty, and I could see them from across the room. Her hand rested atop his shoulder as one of his hands was placed on her waist, their other hands connected as they swayed back and forth to the light music playing. She wore a light brown dress with small flower details, she had gotten her hair done earlier in the day with Beverly, and her shoes were slightly raised from the floor as she stared lovingly back at Stanley. He wore a matching light brown suit with a black tie, white button up and black dress shoes. Her lips were curved into a delightful smile as he spoke, raising his eyebrows to add extra emphasis with his words. 

"Wishing you were Stan?" A voice to my left startled me as I turned seeing the red-head standing with two clear plastic cups filled with red liquid. The shimmer of her eyeshadow glistened in from the lighting in the gym. 

"Jealous?" I questioned her, the plastic cup being offered to me. 

I slipped my hand where hers was, taking the cup and resting my pinky on the bottom of it to make it stable. "Depends, what would you do with her?" My gaze drifted from the bright red juice back up to her light blue eyes, seeming gray in the red lighting. 

She raised the arch of her left eyebrow as she leaned her head down and tilted the cup into her mouth, taking a sip of the pure sugar. I looked back towards the couple, lifting my arm and adjusting my glasses to be propped up closer. Squinting, I saw them in the same position but this time Patty was laughing as Stan stood awkwardly looking at her. 

"Offer her a Coke, the bottle compared to her red lipstick would look like a photoshoot." A smile tugged at my lips as I heard Beverly laugh beside me, "Might even consider going a little lower than Stan's hand, huh?" 

I took a sip of my drink as I heard Beverly choke slightly on her drink, I turned my head seeing her hold a light purple napkin up to her mouth. Her eyes closed, and smile lines formed on her face. I smiled at what I had caused, holding the cup up to my lips and taking a sip before holding the rim of it and dangling it below my waist. 

As I swallowed I tasted a sense of iron in my throat, I squinted my eyes closed as I felt a slight burn. I looked over at Beverly, she dabbed her lips lightly as she looked down into her cup. "Tastes a bit off, huh?" She spoke as she scrunched the napkin into a ball with her hand. 

I nodded my head as I twisted the cup in my hand, observing the liquid and seeing no floating particles. "That's why I'd offer her a coke." I brought the cup up to my nose, inhaling a artificial fruit scent as I stirred it around in the cup.