Valentine's Day

ME: He said he had the best sex ever

PENNY: Stop fooling yourself, Ally... He never even invited you to his house

ME: He said he will take me after he fixes his issues with his mom

PENNY: I can't warn you enough....he is just using you

ME: No dear... one day you will realize that he too loves me

PENNY: He yelled at you in the canteen for getting his coffee order wrong... in front of everyone

ME: But I did get his order wrong...I know that he drinks only iced coffee and I ordered a hot one...

PENNY: No one yells for that...you are getting used to his abuse...

ME: No... He loves me...

PENNY: Wake up Ally, before you fall on your face...

ME: Gnite. See you at the party tomorrow

PENNY: Gnite.

I understand that Penny is mad at me. She doesn't trust Bryan. He flirts with all pretty girls. But I know that he only loves me. One day she too will realize that.

Anyways, tomorrow is my first Valentine's Day with Bryan, and we are going to a party at Tyler's. I want to look my best. And for that, I need to sleep well. So, I took two sleeping pills and slipped under my comfy quilt.

Me: Happy Valentine's Day honey...Can't wait to see you at the party

I texted Bryan first thing in the morning.

Bryan: Don't be late, will pick you up at 3. Have a surprise for you!

What ...!!! Surprise!! Goosebumps raced all over my hands and my cheeks turned pink. Adrenaline rush rocketed in my spine and I think I am on the verge of self-induced orgasm. Is he gonna propose to me? Am I meeting his mother? I couldn't wait to hear his surprise.

Should I tell him that I turned down the job offer from the Californian company to stay back with him in Ohio? Maybe not... maybe I should first wait for him to unravel his surprise... OMG, is this gonna be the best day of my life?

Very passionately I colored my nails, ironed my hair and wore the pink designer tulle gown, that I bought with the extra dollars that I earned, by working overtime in the cafe. I eagerly waited for the clock to strike at 3 o'clock.

"How am I looking?", I asked Bryan inquisitively as he parked the car in front of my apartment.

"You look good", responded Bryan tersely.

"Just good...?", I asked again.

"Yeah, your dress is a little long. You are a short person, so you should have chosen something that goes with your height", he responded brusquely.

He always does this!! He bluntly passes negative comments but never compliments me. But no complaints, I am getting used to this. After all, I love him.