Graveyard Gathering

The skies overhead were a beautiful yet humbling mix of grays, steel blue hues, and whites. The clouds had covered up any sunshine that would try to peek through. It wasn't exactly a cold day but it wasn't one of the warmest either. A gentle breeze would kick up a few of the dead leaves that'd been left over from fall every now and then. The leaves danced and tumbled down the street every few minutes. The sound of their scraping the ground mixed with the sound of feet walking down the street.

"This will be your first time getting to visit Mom's grave, won't it?" Ryo glanced over at his sister, Anya. The dark haired, blue eyed boy, was dressed appropriately for the weather and occasion. His black puffer jacket was zipped up, a white shirt on underneath and a nice pair of blue jeans and his sneakers. He was concerned for his sister though. She seemed to be a little more out of it than usual today.

The blonde girl stared off into a daze of her own thoughts. Blinking she shook her head and glanced up at her brother, having snapped out of her thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. It will be. I never managed to go and visit her because Dad's family wouldn't let me. I guess they were afraid I'd run into you or father. They aren't very happy with him and they were trying to keep us separated because of the destinies we faced. Focus on training and all of that..." She frowned a little, cuddling a little more into her purple jacket with it's fur trim.

"Man, Dad was right, they really were a bunch of stricties." Ryo laughs a little but offers a comforting smile. "Don't worry, I bet Mom would've completely understood. I'm sure she's happy to know that you'll be able to finally come and visit. We even brought her favorite flowers and her favorite snack as an offering! Which you'll be able to try as well later." Watching her give a half hearted smile, Ryo wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

Anya sighed and hugged onto her brother a little trying to cheer up a bit. There weren't many memories she had of her mother, but, she at least had some. As vague as they were she cherished them. "How..many memories do you have of Mom..?" Her blue eyes shifted up to look at Ryo.

"Hmn, not too many, but I do remember her face, her hair...and that smile. She always managed to get Dad to smile and me. " Fondly he smiled at the memory.

Meanwhile, the two were being followed by a dear friend of theirs, Kento. His heart was definitely in the right place as he just wanted to make sure they were both okay. He tried his best to stay farther back away from the two of them to give them space. It's not like he'd been invited to come along. Rowen had told him about their visit to their mothers grave today. He had gotten dressed nicely as quickly as he could and made his way over. He'd nearly missed them as they'd just left when he arrived.

Tucked in Kento's green coat pockets were a few gifts for his friends. In his hand however was a bag with an offering just in case he managed to be invited. If not, he figured he could always just eat it later. Watching them his eyebrows furrowed upward as he noticed Anya being down in the dumps. The fact she spaced out was enough to tell him she wasn't okay. If only he could approach them about it! This was a little frustrating to him, but, he respected the situation.

Ryo and Anya continued their stroll toward the cemetery, talking among themselves quietly as they did. The two of them laughing a little here and there. Neither one seemingly noticing their friend stalking them to the location. After crossing quite a few roads and taking a bus the siblings plus Kento finally arrived at the Cemetery. The two started up the steps toward their mothers grave while Kento ducked behind the wall of the entrance and watched the two ascend. Pausing in his footsteps Ryo gives a gentle but loud sigh.

"You've made it this far, Might as well come with us the rest of the way!" Ryo smirked as he turned to look over his shoulder at his friend. Anya curiously raised an eyebrow and turned to see what or who Ryo was talking to. Kento's eyes just widened as he gulped and seethed a little at being caught.

"Eheheh..So, I guess ya did notice me following you, huh? Kento grinned nervously and embarrassedly rubbed the back of his head. "Y-you sure it's okay man? I really didn't want to impose. I just wanted to make sure that you two were okay."

Anya's eyes widen at seeing Kento standing there. With arms stretched out she takes off down the stairs. "KEN!!" Tears streamed down her face as she leaped into his arms. Kento quickly met her in the middle, swinging her around a little as he hugged her tightly. He made sure his feet were planted firmly, using his strength to make sure the two didn't fall backward.

"Heh, Careful! You might spill the offering." Kento smiled softly as he ran his thumb over her cheek to wipe away her tears. "C'mon, Let's go see your Mom. I'd love to get to meet her and be there for both you and Ryo." Looking up at Ryo he grinned, put his arm around Anya's shoulder and started leading her back up to her brother. "Heh, thanks man...for letting me tag along I mean."

"It's fine. Your practically family anyways, Kento." Ryo smiled as his friend also put his arm around his shoulder. "You could've asked at any point and I wouldn't of minded. I still never got to thank you for trying to cheer me up before with trying to meet your family. So, thanks for that."

The small group after walking through the rows of lost loved ones finally find the gravestone they'd been looking for. Proceeding with the typical ritual, the three of them properly washed the grave, removed the weeds and spruced it up. Once they finished the group lit some incense, placed flowers and their food offerings.

"So, could you tell me what you remember about Mom...?" Anya glanced over at Ryo curiously. "I'd love to hear a few stories..!"

"Yeah, us too!" Rowen quietly called over at them. Sage, Cye, Mia and Yuli all smiled as they waved over at the group. Ryo, Anya and Kento's eyes all widened as they looked at their friends, No, their extended family.